7 replies to this topic

#1 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

I had some gluten in my food last night and all day today I have been soooooo thirsty!!! Anyone else get dry mouth when they get glutened?????
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

Absolutely!!

That's one of the symptoms that led me to find out I was gluten intolerant. It happened mostly when I had some rye bread. Even one slice would make me thirsty within an hour, probably like 20-30 minutes. It would last for an entire day, and no amount of water would relieve the thirst. Not even 12 full glasses, which was about as much as I could drink.

Edited by RiceGuy, 30 November 2005 - 11:48 PM.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#3 eeyor_fan

eeyor_fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:40 AM

Absolutely!!

That's one of the symptoms that led me to find out I was gluten intolerant. It happened mostly when I had some rye bread. Even one slice would make me thirsty within an hour, probably like 20-30 minutes. It would last for an entire day, and no amount of water would relieve the thirst. Not even 12 full glasses, which was about as much as I could drink.

That's weird because I've had a very dry mouth since I went on the gluten-free diet! Always knew I was backwards! :blink:
I first tested positive for celiac in August 2004. Born/raised in Canada, now lives in NJ. Borderline RA and problems with GI muscle disfunction since Dec 2005...BUT FIGHTING BACK HARDER EVERY DAY!!!

Life has no dress rehersals so live each moment as if it were your last! At the end of the day it is YOU that you have to answer to. Karma and fate is what you choose it to be! Never sacrafice your dreams or beliefs. If someone truely likes you, they like you for who you are, not what they want you to be!
Bridget

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:25 AM

Yea--gluten does make me thirsty. The first couple of months gluten-free, I was thirsty all the time.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#5 4getgluten

4getgluten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

The last time I was really sick because of gluten (last August) I was so thirsty for about 24 hours. I couldn't stop drinking water. The extreme thirst was my first clue that I'd been glutened.
Karen
gluten-free since March 05

#6 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:08 AM

Yes, it's with me, too. With us during the training drinking is allowed, but not during the belt tests. And I always tell my students to train for that. They look even more strange at me, when I drink during training, because I was glutened. But I'm incredible thirsty then, too. And my mouth is so dry, I can't speak to explain the exercises anymore. :blink:

Stef
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#7 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:24 AM

Dry mouth seems to be one of my first signs of gluten contamination. It does make it difficult to carry on a conversation :lol: It sounds funny when I speak.

#8 Nashville

Nashville

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:25 AM

I have been thirsty all the time for the past three years. I was just diagnosed with celiac disease about 6 weeks ago, and the thirst has subsided some. Seems to be getting better each day. I had mono about 3 years ago and never really recovered. One of my mono-like symptoms, in addition to fatigue and headaches (the primary problems), was thirst. I often wake up feeling hung over. I feel better after a couple of glasses of water. I am hoping that all of my mono-like symptoms are gone after a few more months going gluten-free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: