Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Triscuit Recipe?

9 posts in this topic

I was thinking how nice it would be to have a gluten-free substitute for Triscuits. I'm guessing maybe brown rice flour would be one ingredient. Any ideas on getting the crisp texture and all that? I know it won't taste the same, but if it's crunchy and salted, I'll probably like it :)

Ads by Google:

That is the one thing I miss, Tricuits! There is something about the texture and flavor that I love with cheese and dips. I would love to know of an alternative.

Hez

gosh--thanks for reminding me how much i used to love triscuits and cheddar :) wow...i'd have no idea for a triscuit recipe! glutano has cracker bread that is somehow vaguely reminiscent of a triscuit...but even that's a stretch!

Me too, Jen. I used to just eat Triscuits with slices of cheddar cheese. Or Easy Cheese. Mmmm....

I am SALIVATING at the thought of that!

I told my husband the other day that most days, I really am "ok" with my diet---I cook great foods, make good lunches, specifically eat at places that cater to gluten-free needs.....

But then there are some days when you just want a darn TRISCUIT!

I am SALIVATING at the thought of that!

I told my husband the other day that most days, I really am "ok" with my diet---I cook great foods, make good lunches, specifically eat at places that cater to gluten-free needs.....

But then there are some days when you just want a darn TRISCUIT!

LOL Seems I hit a nerve!

I think I was putting peanut butter on them, as I recall. I think cheese too sometimes.

I haven't baked anything with buckwheat, but it is sorta on the heavy side, right? Maybe that can be added for texture. Then corn flour/meal for crunch? This might be all wishfull thinking, but who knows.

hmmm...ground sesame seeds? I'm not exactly sure why that comes to mind...

I have no idea but how about guinoa flakes. Mmm melted cheese.

Triscuits with Easy cheese...you know the cheese that comes in a can that you squirt out...mmmmm it was my favorite growing up my mom let me get it every once in a while as a treat....how I wish that could still be a treat!

Triscuits with Easy cheese...you know the cheese that comes in a can that you squirt out...mmmmm it was my favorite growing up my mom let me get it every once in a while as a treat....how I wish that could still be a treat!

Well, the soft cheese spread is easy to make. It's the Triscuit which is the tough one.

I think it needs stuff that has a courser, crunchier texture. The ingredient choices I'm thinking of are:

rice bran

soy bran

millet flour

teff flour

corn flour

Here's some I know less about:

garbanzo flour

fava bean flour

quinoa flour

Anyone have experience with these or other ingredients to help narrow down what might work best?