Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do Any Of You Notice This?

4 posts in this topic

I was thinking back to how I felt eating certain things, and one thing I'd notice with a lot, but not all bread products, is that they would almost burn going down. I especially noticed this with things like a hamburger bun. It seemed like it was WHITE flour things that did this. Very odd...has anyone else had something similar to this?

Ads by Google:

Pre diagnosis, I'd always pick at the bun and just eat the meat. Same with pasta dishes, I'd just pick around the pasta and eat the stuff in it. Cereal would make my throat burn too. Never knew why bread gave me such a tummy ache. I'd always crave steaks and such but never too many carbs (unless it was sugar!)

Nadia

Pre diagnosis, I'd always pick at the bun and just eat the meat. Same with pasta dishes, I'd just pick around the pasta and eat the stuff in it. Cereal would make my throat burn too. Never knew why bread gave me such a tummy ache. I'd always crave steaks and such but never too many carbs (unless it was sugar!)

Nadia

One thing that I do notice is I belch constantly after eating bread. Even my father had a bad spell of it the other night.

I'm still having weird allergic reactions that last about 15 minutes. I think I am definitely allergic to bananas and/or peanut butter. Chocolate isn't helping my GERD either.

Pre- DX, I was the opposite--I loved good breads and baked goods. I felt good while eating them and bad after (although at the time, I didn't know why).