Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/celiac/public_html/gluten-free/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php on line 387
Is This Forum Running Slow? - Board/Forum Technical Help - Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum

Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

- - - - -

Is This Forum Running Slow?

• Please log in to reply

Poll: forum slower than usual, anyone? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

sometimes I can't find a post from a previous day. why is that?

Vote Guests cannot vote

13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

I can't tell if this website is slower today, or if its my computer? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? :blink: Sometimes I have problems locating a post from a previous day, why is that? Someone wrote me from yesterday, and it took me a while to pull up her post, so I could respond to her post??? Is it something I'm doing wrong? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:50 AM

I find the website slow sometimes, but not all the time.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#3 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:40 AM

I find the website slow sometimes, but not all the time.

Hi Carrie,
My husband has been playing around with our cables, trying to get TIVO television that is in our livingroom in our bedroom, and having to go up in the attic and pull cables, it's probably that. I'm on his computer now, his is a little faster. I think I'll just stay on his, he he, all day, no kidding.

I was wondering though, do you know Carrie, why somtimes posts that you write just dissapear into Neverland?????

Thanks, :)
Kim

#4 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

Yeah,I thought it was running slow the other day,& I couldn't find an answer to a post for a day,but I think it had something to do with when it's 'pinned' :huh:
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#5 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

Yeah,I thought it was running slow the other day,& I couldn't find an answer to a post for a day,but I think it had something to do with when it's 'pinned' :huh:

Nikki-
I'm still kind of confused what 'pinned' means, as a new member. I just know it's difficult to find your post after your post has been pinned because that's when it seems to dissapear.
Is that when whomever runs this site decides that not enough people are looking at it, so they move it??
I really have no idea what pinned is??

Kim07 :unsure:

#6 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

I was wondering though, do you know Carrie, why somtimes posts that you write just dissapear into Neverland?????

Sometimes brand new topics take awhile to see on the board. You sould be able to see it within a few hours.

Edited by Carriefaith, 03 December 2005 - 06:13 PM.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#7 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

Sometimes brand new topics take awhile to see on the board. You sould be able to see it within a few hours.

thank you, carrie

kim07 :)

#8 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:21 PM

Nikki-
I'm still kind of confused what 'pinned' means, as a new member. I just know it's difficult to find your post after your post has been pinned because that's when it seems to dissapear.
Is that when whomever runs this site decides that not enough people are looking at it, so they move it??
I really have no idea what pinned is??

Kim07 :unsure:

Kim,

When you post a topic it goes to the back of all the other topics in the forum until a moderator reads it and "pins" it. Then it will go to the front. Sometimes it can take a few hours until your topic is pinned. You can always see your topic (even before its pinned) in "today's active topics"....which is a link toward the bottom of the main page.

Hope this helps. :)
Rachel

#9 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:32 PM

Let me add...........

When I read a post and go to back, it brings me back the the "click on message board", and not to the new forum site. I may be doing something wrong, but it seems to be changed. Those that make sense?? :blink:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#10 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:32 AM

Kim,

When you post a topic it goes to the back of all the other topics in the forum until a moderator reads it and "pins" it. Then it will go to the front. Sometimes it can take a few hours until your topic is pinned. You can always see your topic (even before its pinned) in "today's active topics"....which is a link toward the bottom of the main page.

Hope this helps. :)

Hello Rachel-
I'm just curious "who is a moderator?" is that someone who makes sure, that no one posts a how should we put it, obscene post? What is the point of the moderator? Just curious. And do 'they' decide if a topic gets 'pinned' or not?? :blink:

I now understand that you can always see your topic in "today's active topics" by using the link toward the bottom of the main page now, thank you.

I'm wondering, if you write a topic, and it doesn't get enough replies, if that's when they pull your topic off to pin it, and stick it somewhere else?

One more question, sometimes I will be looking for my post and see if anyone wrote anything after my post, and it will have on top of the page 2 pages or so, and I try to go to the second page, and it takes me backwards to a really old, sometimes completely off topic page, or it will ask me to wait while it moves me to another topic and I can't find my answer to see if anyone replied to me, because now I'm somewhere all together new, and not anywhere near where I need to be.

It's like they removed it all together? Does that make sense? If not, could you just answer the first 2 questions please.

Thanks, Rachel,

Kim07

#11 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

A moderator approves the post and pins it in the proper section. If you did not post it in the section we feel is correct a moderator can move it to the section they feel is the best for the topic and pin it and thats why it will ask you to wait while it take you to that post.
Spam we will not pin and and anything obscene we will not pin.
Until a moderator pins the topic you can see your post under Today's Active Topics...when it is not pinned it will go to the back of the section and then when it is pinned it will move to the front and go in order of the times.
Moderators also deal with duplicate posts and get complaints about any posts, etc.
Hope this helps :)
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#12 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:48 PM

A moderator approves the post and pins it in the proper section. If you did not post it in the section we feel is correct a moderator can move it to the section they feel is the best for the topic and pin it and thats why it will ask you to wait while it take you to that post.
Spam we will not pin and and anything obscene we will not pin.
Until a moderator pins the topic you can see your post under Today's Active Topics...when it is not pinned it will go to the back of the section and then when it is pinned it will move to the front and go in order of the times.
Moderators also deal with duplicate posts and get complaints about any posts, etc.
Hope this helps :)

Thank you Kaiti,

that does help

kim07 :)

#13 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

I'm wondering, if you write a topic, and it doesn't get enough replies, if that's when they pull your topic off to pin it, and stick it somewhere else?

One more question, sometimes I will be looking for my post and see if anyone wrote anything after my post, and it will have on top of the page 2 pages or so, and I try to go to the second page, and it takes me backwards to a really old, sometimes completely off topic page, or it will ask me to wait while it moves me to another topic and I can't find my answer to see if anyone replied to me, because now I'm somewhere all together new, and not anywhere near where I need to be.

It's like they removed it all together? Does that make sense? If not, could you just answer the first 2 questions please.

Thanks, Rachel,

Kim07

Kaiti already gave a description of the moderator's "duties".

No, a moderator will not move your topic if it doesnt get responses. It doesnt get stuck anywhere else...but topics that do get responses will always move to the front so yours will get pushed farther back if noone has posted on it. Once someone does reply to your topic it will then go back to the front. Hope that makes sense. :)
Rachel

#14 Guest_kim07_*

Guest_kim07_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:34 AM

Kaiti already gave a description of the moderator's "duties".

No, a moderator will not move your topic if it doesnt get responses. It doesnt get stuck anywhere else...but topics that do get responses will always move to the front so yours will get pushed farther back if noone has posted on it. Once someone does reply to your topic it will then go back to the front. Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks Rachel-
I think I understand a lot better.
It just takes a while to learn how to move around a new forum.

Kim07
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: