15 replies to this topic

#16 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:58 PM

Wow - everyone's advice has been so helpful - I've actually been taking notes on all of your favorite items and suggestions. A couple of questions - are modified food starch or maltodextrin bad? Is there gluten in Advil? thanks

Maltodextrin is ok in the U.S. Modified Food Starch needs to be verified as a gluten free source if the product is not from a company that *declares* gluten. Kraft foods will NOT just write "modified food starch" in the ingredient list and leave it at that IF the source is gluten. Kraft will put, in parenthesis, the source of the starch IF it is gluten. Confusing at first... Katie has a list ... the list is everywhere on this site, actually, of companies that do NOT hide gluten behind words like Modified food starch. This is quite a helpful list as you do NOT need to call the 1800#'s of those companies chasing down verification. But you've got to locate the list here at celiac.com. I think there should be a permanent link to it under FAQs. Anyway, as a beginner, you could call all the 1800's and verify for your own peace of mind to begin with. Advil is gluten free.
I believe in God.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: