This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Who's From Michigan?

StrongerToday

penguin Community Regular
Giulio's Cucina Italiana, Gluten Free Dining in Michigan (Livonia)

Hello fellow Michiganders

I just found a great Italian restaurant in Livonia called Giulio's Cucina Italiana. They offer Gluten free entrees including different pastas with a great choice of sauces. Their website is www.giulios.us

annab- Are you being paid by Giulio's to post them all over the board? I hate to ask or seem suspicious, but you've never posted before, you joined today, and all three of your posts say the same thing. What gives?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
annab Newbie

I wanted to help my fellow Celiacs find places to enjoy a night out. I am sorry if that is inappropriate.

mommida Enthusiast

Thanks for letting us know about any place to get a safe meal.

The gluten free food fair is scheduled for April 22, 2006. At the church in Novi, MI. Is anyone planning on going?

Has anyone tried the gluten free bakery products from Bavarian Inn of Frankenmuth? We are planning a trip there and found out the Bavarian Inn restaurant has a gluten free menu, opposed to Zhender's "let us know at least 3 days in advance for dietary restricted diners".

Laura

StrongerToday Enthusiast

We're going there next weekend for an overnight family thing, staying at the Bavarian Inn because they just opened up a new indoor water park! The restaraunt has a gluten-free menu (another reason we're going there). I'll let you know when I get back.

And I didn't know about the food fair - can you send more info? Thanks!!

printmaker81 Rookie

Hi Laura,

Could you post that information maybe or send it to me, too. There's another girl here at school who is Celiac, so I'm sure she and I both would want to go. I had no idea there was a food fair so close either!!

Thanks,

Heather

mommida Enthusiast

The Tri-county Celiac support Group, www.tccsg.com,

Gluten free food fair

is on Saturday April 22, 2006 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

at The First Presbyterian Church of Farmington.

26165 Farmington Road, Farmington Hills, Mi

(Farmington Road and 11 Mile Road)

Any further information can be found at www.tccsg.com, or Mary Guerriero 313-274-9232, or e-mail mcguerr@hotmail.com.

Volunteers for the support group are always wanted.

Hope to meet everyone there.

Laura

happy4dolphins Enthusiast

HI,

I am in Lansing. Dianosed by the cheap method, trying a gluten-free diet to see how I feel. Now if I have g, look out. BLAH!!

Do you have any more info on the gluten-free food fair in Novi. I'd be very interested in attending. Maybe that could be started as a new thread on here.

Nicole

e mail is hapy4dolphins@yahoo.com

There is a Lansing Celiac group that meets on the 4th Tuesday at 7 pm at the church on the corner of Haag and Miller.

Nicole

OK, I did see the information on the gluten-free fair. I'm planning to go!

Nicole in Lansing

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

OK I'm planning a vacation to Frankenmuth and the only waterpark information is coming up under Zhender's, but the gluten free menu and bakery is at BAvarian Inn. If you have more recent information that Bavarian Inn opened a waterpark too, can you e-mail me a link.

Laura

StrongerToday Enthusiast
OK I'm planning a vacation to Frankenmuth and the only waterpark information is coming up under Zhender's, but the gluten free menu and bakery is at BAvarian Inn. If you have more recent information that Bavarian Inn opened a waterpark too, can you e-mail me a link.

Laura

Laura - sorry, I was wrong. It is Zhenders that has the new water park. You can buy a day pass to get in and play or it's free if you spend the night. Bavaian Inn has gluten-free menu and baked goods and has 5 pools - that should keep the kids busy anyway!

alicegray27 Newbie
Laura - sorry, I was wrong. It is Zhenders that has the new water park. You can buy a day pass to get in and play or it's free if you spend the night. Bavaian Inn has gluten-free menu and baked goods and has 5 pools - that should keep the kids busy anyway!

Does only the Bavaian Inn have the gluten-free menu? People we are going with want to go to Zhenders. Do they have a gluten-free menu? We are only going for the day and to eat at the restaurants.

Devsmom Newbie

Hi all-new to board although I've been reading for 1 & 1/2 years. Son dx wfdf in Oct 04, dx celiac in June 05, gluten free ever since. Try anyway-getting much, much better.

I love this board. Your all very helpful. Could write a book about the clueless doctors.

I'm an hour from Zhenders & Bavarian Inn. I will have to take son to try the Bavarian Inn's gluten free menu.

My brothers family just spent couple nights at Zhenders new water park but I haven't talked to him since they got back.

Anyway- nice boarding with you all!

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

We are coming to michigan from Ohio for our vacation this summer. We are going to Mackinaw Island and I wondered if anyone knows what fudge on the island is gluten-free? :D

whitball Explorer
Any fellow Michigan-ders out there? Brrr.... it's too cold already isn't it?

I live in Midland, Mi. Yep, it's cold today!

StrongerToday Enthusiast

We just got back from Frakenmuth. We ate at the Frankenmuth Brewery which was very nice and offered gluten-free items right on their regular menu. We stayed and ate dinner at the Bavarian Inn which has five pools, huge game rooms(s), mini golf and more. The gluten-free dinner menu was limited but tasty. Unfortunately I'm also dairy free which obviously limits my selections even more. The hardest part was being one out of a party of 21 who all got the family style dinner and sitting there for what felt like forever watching everyone else eat. Dinner took a long time - I'd rather have heated up a quick bowl of soup and spent the rest of the time at Birch Run :lol:

gointribal Enthusiast

I'm here in Jackson MI, and its a cold cloudy day :( I can't wait for summer :D

I just wanted to pass on this bakery and coffe house here in MI...

Celiac Specialites LLC 100% wheat and gluten free Bakery & Coffee House

48411 Jefferson

Chesterfield Twp (metro Detroit), MI 48047

Phone or Fax (586) 598-8180

E-Mail: Contact-Us@CeliacSpecialties.com

Mon-Tue-Wed-Fri 7:00 am - 2:30 pm

Thursdays t 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

Saturdays 8:00 am - 1:00 pm

I haven't been to the above place but their website (Open Original Shared Link) makes my mouth water, I miss coffee shops! Also this was posted a while ago and I am dying to check out this place...

BEL CIBO - MARKETPLACE IS LOCATED AT

220 SOUTH MAIN STREET

CLAWSON, MI 48017

PHONE NUMBER:

888-568-5464

www.belcibo.com

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I forgot to mention that while the Bavarian Inn has bakery items you can order online and have shipped to you, apparently they don't keep anything on hand at the restaurant. Someone else was asking about a gluten-free desert and I overheard the waiter say you had to order it three days ahead of time.

Darn - it sounded good, but guess I didn't need all those calories anyway :rolleyes:

ianm Apprentice
We ate at the Frankenmuth Brewery

I wish you wouldn't have mentioned the Frankenmuth Brewery. They make the best bock beer in the world. Oh man I could really go for one of those. I'm going to have to see if they can make a gluten-free bock beer.

mommida Enthusiast
Does only the Bavaian Inn have the gluten-free menu? People we are going with want to go to Zhenders. Do they have a gluten-free menu? We are only going for the day and to eat at the restaurants.

Zhender's wants a three day advance notice for gluten free diners.

alicegray27 Newbie

I am from Westland MI. This forum really helps me. I am new to this and having celiac disease. Does anyone have a good Dr. with knowledge about celiac disease? I could use some help.

Alice

lisaemu Contributor

I'm originally from westland, but go to school in Ypsi. Seems like theres a lot of us from Michigan

StrongerToday Enthusiast

While I love my dr., I think I know far more about celiac disease then he does. I do however have a very good dietician here in Ann Arbor - her daughter has celiac disease and she's very knowledgable about it. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you her name and number.

• 3 weeks later...
Devsmom Newbie

Hi -

Just wondering if anyone knows of any glutenfree restuarants in Mt Pleasant or good ones in Midland. I'm coming from the thumb so I go thru Midland to see son in Mt Pleasant.

Thanx in advance for any info

Devsmom

• 4 weeks later...
gavinsdaddy Rookie

westland,mi. just found out that i have celiac

Devsmom Newbie
westland,mi. just found out that i have celiac

Welcome to the board. Theres enough reading & learning on this board to keep you busy for the next year.

Where is westland? near detroit?

I'm in the middle of thumb- Cass City

Devsmom

gavinsdaddy Rookie

about 15 miles west of detroit

Archived