This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Shout Out For Triumph Dining Cards

elonwy

once and again Rookie

I have both the dining cards and the book. They are well worth the $$$$. I have recently dined at Smokey Bones and On the Border in Aurora, IL. Used the book and card in combination. It was great. Enjoyed food that had flavor instead of the plain, dry chicken breast, plain baked potato that I had at a conference luncheon.

Showed my son the cards and he asked for a set of his own as a xmas stocking stuffer! He is going out of town this weekend and asked to borrow the guide. Guess I'll have to get him his own copy.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IronedOut Apprentice

Has anyone tried to use the Japanese card? My friend took it to a sushi restuarant to see if I could go next time (isn't he sweet!) and the hostess said the card was written in Chinese. I've only had the cards for about two weeks and haven't been out otherwise (I'm so spineless about being picky).

I'm going to my old favorite Chinese restuarant next week so I'll show them the cards then and see what they say. If they confirm, guess I'll be making a call to Truimph.

elonwy Enthusiast

Maybe there was a misprint? Mine is definitly in japanese, my dad reads and speaks japanese. I've used the chinese one as well, and its in chinese. You may have gotten one that printed wrong.

Chinese and Japanese are pretty different looking, as well. Chinese is much more Spidery.

Elonwy

IronedOut Apprentice

Thanks Elonwy - Hopefully, my Chinese friends can help clarify.

katshow Rookie

Hi all,

Since I'm also new to the gluten free lifestyle, are these cards better than the ones that you can find online or in the back of the "Against the Grain" book? If so, i'll totally get some!

• 2 weeks later...
once and again Rookie

Triumph cards are nice because they are laminated. I used another one and it got torn and tattered from going in and out of my wallet! I really like using them with the Dining Guide.

• 7 months later...
tracey* Rookie

Are there any references to US food terms on the cards?

I think we call a few things differently in Australia (like cilantro, what is that again? lol) and I don't want to have to decipher things like that

Otherwise, I'm going to order them asap!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

Tracey,

If you find good cards that work well in Australia, let me know.

Does anyone with multiple food intolerances use Triumph cards successfully???????

tracey* Rookie

Mango, I'm considering designing my own ones and posting them on my blog - I'll let you know if I do ones for other allergies/intolerances - cause I definately need one for yeast!

:)

jaten Enthusiast
Anyone else have imput on the triumph dining guide book?

I do not find the book to be useful. I wish I had not spent my money on it. I bought the book and the cards. As for the cards....don't leave home without them. Like Elwony, they are ALWAYS in my purse. The cards are amazing, fabulous, and a dining out Celiac's best friend.

That said, I still don't eat out very often. For me it's not worth the CC risk on a regular basis. BUT I have had only VERY positive experiences with the cards. They are concise and worded in a straightforward but friendly manner. Every manager that I've ever shown them to (and yes, I do ask to speak tot he manager) has been unbelievably helpful and concerned. They take the cards back and forth to the kitchen, bring ingredient labels, whatever.

I also don't like the dining experience to center on my Celiac. I have a hard time with that. But at least this cards do it in a way friendly way not a "let me give you a hard time about my food" way.

• 2 weeks later...
Randy Newbie

It's really tough to tell people about what may contain gluten, especially abroad.

Here's a tip for all of you traveling around the world. I have been using Menudata's service at Open Original Shared Link and have been happy with their celiac translation cards. They have some 40 different languages! :D

- Randy, FL

Tim-n-VA Contributor

Is the text of these cards available anywhere? I can see why they don't post it on the website - people could just make their own. Still, in some of the gluten-free books, they have samples of cards and they come off so threatening, I wouldn't serve anyone who presented one if it were my restaurant. It is a difficult balance to stressing the seriousness without making people afraid to give you anything for fear of being sued over CC.

• 1 year later...
Mitsy Newbie
Is the text of these cards available anywhere? I can see why they don't post it on the website - people could just make their own. Still, in some of the gluten-free books, they have samples of cards and they come off so threatening, I wouldn't serve anyone who presented one if it were my restaurant. It is a difficult balance to stressing the seriousness without making people afraid to give you anything for fear of being sued over CC.

I was concered about that too, as I will be using them internationally and don't want to come off as some stupid foreigner. I searched all over and could not find the text anywhere online (understandable I guess). So I went ahead and ordered them (just now). I will post when I receive them and let you know. I ordered the set of different languages/cuisines and I think each are different (tailored to that particular type of food) but each have an english translation on the back. I will post some of those if you like.

Also, right now (August) they are giving away a free American card. You have to pay like 70 cents for handling. You can order it at Open Original Shared Link

Archived