Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Symptoms - Bone Loss? Aching Joints...

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Have read a bit about bone and joint problems relating to celiac disease, does anyone know more about this?

I have severe back, shoulder, leg problems that cant really be explained. i was wondering if it is just another sympton or am i guilty of thinking i have everything i read???

Ads by Google:

Hi Nickra,

I did a little looking around and found this on celiac.com with their search engin:

Hi again Nickra,

You might do a little investigation on cod liver oil. It

Hi, Thanks so much for that info - I really found it helpful and will look into the things you suggested.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Hi Nickra,

Here's some more information on diet and joint pain:

Foods to Include That May Relieve General Arthritis Symptoms:

1. Fruit: In particular those high in Vitamin C, like blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, peaches, mango, cantaloupe melon and anti-inflammatory fruits like apples.

2. Vegetables: In particular vegetables high in Vitamin A (beta-carotene) and Vitamin C. Carrots, squash, sweet potato, spinach, kale, collard greens, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts.

3. Oily Fish: Rich omega-3 essential fatty acids and high in Vitamin E, like salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring, tuna and trout.

4. Nuts and Seeds: Rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids and high in Vitamin E. Unsalted nuts, like walnuts, brazil nuts and almonds, and seeds like sunflower, linseed and pumpkin seeds.

5. Pulses and Grains: Including lentils, chick peas (garbanzo beans), brown rice.

6. Anti-Inflammatory Foods: Turmeric, ginger, garlic and apples.

The most common culprits for causing arthritis are: sugar, caffeine, citrus, salt, red meat, pork, eggs, dairy products, additives, soft drinks, wheat, barley, rye, malt, corn, oats, peanuts, soya, nightshades (eggplants, red peppers, tomatoes, white potatoes, tobacco).

I got this information from a few web sights. They all seem to say the same things about diet.