7 replies to this topic

#1 setay

setay

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:20 PM

I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone could recommend a mail order bakery that is dairy and gluten free? I eliminated both about 6 months ago in hopes of getting rid of some nasty chronic headaches, and it has helped tremendously. Now my birthday is coming up and I would like to have a cake without all of the work. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:03 AM

Hi and Welcome!

Here are two websites that I could think of, hope it helps.....

http://www.kinnikinnick.com/

http://www.glutenfreepantry.com/

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

#3 setay

setay

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:42 AM

Thank you for the reply! Are there any sites that sell prebaked cakes (for those of us who are too lazy)? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for icing that is dairy/gluten free and a little more healthy than just pure sugar?

#4 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 02:29 AM

Hi All

For prebaked cakes, muffins, breads, tarts, cheesecake, cookies, brownies - gluten free go to MRRITTS.com It's in Philadelphia PA

They sell unfrosted cakes that you frost and assemble into a cake. Somewhat pricey with shipping. I've never had them, so I don't know if they taste good.

The "cake Blanks" are also lactose free.

They will be moving to Millville, NJ

Phone: 1-877-677-4887
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#5 setay

setay

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the info. the mr ritts site looks promising!

#6 sweetie101282

sweetie101282

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 04:37 PM

Michelle Fuller at Celiac Specialties in Chesterfield MI will ship birthday cake... you can get her varieties and a price listing at www.celiacspecialties.com
-amy
Diagnosed by biopsy and Gluten-Free since March 2003. I have the noisiest stomach known to man. Seriously, how do I turn off this crazy thing??? Sounds like I've got an alien in there...

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

For the ultimate donuts, visit www.celiacspecialties.com. I wouldn't lie to you, I swear!

#7 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:28 AM

www.outsidethebreadbox.com
is a bakery in Colorado Sprongs, CO. They ship all over the US. They have all gluten free baked goods and a lot are are also casein free. I have ordered several things from them and they are good. I can understand the desire to avoid baking yourself (I have triplets and a very busy life, so baking is not something that is not easy to make time for). I have had good luck w/ mixes from the gluten free pantry that we get at Whole Foods. The brownies are REALLY good :D and the pizza crust is probably as good a substitute as you can get.
I hope you find some good stuff out there ! Let us know if you do !
Lorraine

#8 jmalan

jmalan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

You should give the guys at www.ricebread.net a try. I love their bread and my daughter loves their bread as well and she is a very picky eater.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: