Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Bakery?

8 posts in this topic

I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone could recommend a mail order bakery that is dairy and gluten free? I eliminated both about 6 months ago in hopes of getting rid of some nasty chronic headaches, and it has helped tremendously. Now my birthday is coming up and I would like to have a cake without all of the work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:

Thank you for the reply! Are there any sites that sell prebaked cakes (for those of us who are too lazy)? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for icing that is dairy/gluten free and a little more healthy than just pure sugar?

Hi All

For prebaked cakes, muffins, breads, tarts, cheesecake, cookies, brownies - gluten free go to MRRITTS.com It's in Philadelphia PA

They sell unfrosted cakes that you frost and assemble into a cake. Somewhat pricey with shipping. I've never had them, so I don't know if they taste good.

The "cake Blanks" are also lactose free.

They will be moving to Millville, NJ

Phone: 1-877-677-4887

Thanks for the info. the mr ritts site looks promising!

Michelle Fuller at Celiac Specialties in Chesterfield MI will ship birthday cake... you can get her varieties and a price listing at www.celiacspecialties.com

-amy

www.outsidethebreadbox.com

is a bakery in Colorado Sprongs, CO. They ship all over the US. They have all gluten free baked goods and a lot are are also casein free. I have ordered several things from them and they are good. I can understand the desire to avoid baking yourself (I have triplets and a very busy life, so baking is not something that is not easy to make time for). I have had good luck w/ mixes from the gluten free pantry that we get at Whole Foods. The brownies are REALLY good :D and the pizza crust is probably as good a substitute as you can get.

I hope you find some good stuff out there ! Let us know if you do !

Lorraine

You should give the guys at www.ricebread.net a try. I love their bread and my daughter loves their bread as well and she is a very picky eater.