- - - - -

Primary Care Doctor Leaving Practice

• Please log in to reply

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

I just got a letter from my primary care Dr.s office that my Dr. has left the practice and unfortunately where he has gone to it will not be an option for his current patients to follow him. I am soooooooo upset by this. The Dr.s that are left at this practice are ok but NOT THE SAME. He's the one that spent over an hour with me the first time I went to him. He's the one that ran all kinds of tests to try and figure out what was wrong (when another Dr. in the practice practically blew me off and told me I just needed a high fiber WHOLE WHEAT diet :angry: ) He's the one that eventually determined that I needed to see a GI and sent me to the Dr. that dx'ed Celiac... He's the one that has been in charge of all of my follow up care and visits... WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???? :( :( :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

Bummer. :(

Do you have to stick with that same practice? If you're not happy with any of the doctors there maybe you could find someone who is as good as he is. Maybe you can contact him and see if he knows of someone you might be happy with??
Rachel

#3 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

There is one lady at the practice that I like ok... I'll give her another chance... The letter made it clear that we wouldn't be able to contact this Dr.... this sux. I don't have to stay with that practice, but I had been soooooo happy with him... and most of the staff is pretty decent too. I just don't want to have to break in a new Dr. will all of my "issues"... it's a family practice and he has also become my daughters Dr. as well, so I will have to find her a new Dr. too.

The new Dr.s all have names that sound foreign...

Edited by nini, 17 December 2005 - 01:35 PM.

#4 Peter J Liepmann MD

Peter J Liepmann MD

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:48 PM

Did you get the letter from your doc, or the practice he's leaving? If he's really going far out of the area, ok, but sometimes partnership conflicts and bad break-ups happen and the original practice wants to keep all the patients, so they say...all sorts of things, like he's leaving the area when he isn't. Because of the 'no-compete' clause in his contract, he may not be able to send mail to 'his' patients, but you can see whoever you want. He may be just across the county line.
Worth looking into anyway.

#5 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

The letter was from the practice he was leaving. He actually founded the clinic, so I was really surprised that he wouldn't be there anymore.

The letter says "Dr. R had regrettably, decided to pursue other medical practice endeavors, due to the nature of his plans for continued medical practice, there will not be an option to allow his current patients to follow up with him for their continued medical care. "

#6 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:28 PM

That letter does not mean that you can't contact him for a referral. It certain is a vague letter, and there could be *much* more behind the scenes, but I would try to get contact information on him just so you can try to get a recommendation for another doctor from him.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#7 Deb123

Deb123

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

I just got a letter from my primary care Dr.s office that my Dr. has left the practice and unfortunately where he has gone to it will not be an option for his current patients to follow him. I am soooooooo upset by this. The Dr.s that are left at this practice are ok but NOT THE SAME. He's the one that spent over an hour with me the first time I went to him. He's the one that ran all kinds of tests to try and figure out what was wrong (when another Dr. in the practice practically blew me off and told me I just needed a high fiber WHOLE WHEAT diet :angry: ) He's the one that eventually determined that I needed to see a GI and sent me to the Dr. that dx'ed Celiac... He's the one that has been in charge of all of my follow up care and visits... WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???? :( :( :(

I would suggest that you contact the Holistic Medical Society and ask for a list of doctors in your area that specialize in treating Celiac Disease. This is an easy way to find someone that at least thinks like you.

#8 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,149 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

I would suggest that you contact the Holistic Medical Society and ask for a list of doctors in your area that specialize in treating Celiac Disease. This is an easy way to find someone that at least thinks like you.

Deb, you might not have noticed, but the post is 5 years old. The original poster may be long gone. Still, it's good advice.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: