arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How Long To Recovery After A Gluten Accident?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cousinolive

cousinolive

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

I would appreciate help with knowing how other people react to the healing process after a gluten ingestion, especially how long it generally takes them to heal.

Three weeks ago I accidentally ingested some gluten. By late afternoon I started to get sick. All the usual cramping, bloating, gurgling and lots of belching, followed by diarrhea the next morning. This continued for 2 weeks. My doctor put me on a mild fast to help rest my digestion. This really helped and even stopped the diarrhea. But every time I try to introduce solid protein I get the symptoms back, except for the diarrhea.

I have been gluten free for 8 months. I have made great progress in lots of areas, I still have some diarrhea, but I think it might be related to food allergies for which I am getting tested.

I would really appreciate hearing what others have experienced and what they did to heal themselves. I know that we are all different, but I don't know what is going on with my healing. I am so grateful for this site, it has helped me so much not to feel so alone.

Katherine

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tammy

tammy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice might help heal your digestive track.

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 06:52 PM

After an accident, it can take up to 8 weeks to fully recover. Having been gluten-free for 8 months, your body has decided that it really likes being gluten-free! It causes the reactions to be worse, and take longer to get over. Hang in there, it will pass.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 cousinolive

cousinolive

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:48 AM

Hi,

I would appreciate help with knowing how other people react to the healing process after a gluten ingestion, especially how long it generally takes them to heal.

Three weeks ago I accidentally ingested some gluten. By late afternoon I started to get sick. All the usual cramping, bloating, gurgling and lots of belching, followed by diarrhea the next morning. This continued for 2 weeks. My doctor put me on a mild fast to help rest my digestion. This really helped and even stopped the diarrhea. But every time I try to introduce solid protein I get the symptoms back, except for the diarrhea.

I have been gluten free for 8 months. I have made great progress in lots of areas, I still have some diarrhea, but I think it might be related to food allergies for which I am getting tested.

I would really appreciate hearing what others have experienced and what they did to heal themselves. I know that we are all different, but I don't know what is going on with my healing. I am so grateful for this site, it has helped me so much not to feel so alone.

Katherine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: