3 replies to this topic

#1 wwebby

wwebby

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:25 AM

Good morning everyone! I woke up with a horrible stomachache this morning. I'm eating gluten and have been eating gluten for a couple of months, but I've been eating more because I finally scheduled tests for the 29th. Terrible stomachache this morning. It's still hurting. I wish the two weeks would go by! Ugh...

There's a part of me that will be happy if the tests come back positive. I guess I'll feel vindicated...you know, that I was able to identify what the problem is and hopeful that getting rid of gluten will alleviate many of my symptoms. But what if it doesn't? What if getting rid of gluten doesn't help? Has anyone else ever had this worry?

I guess I'd like to know that this is the answer and that I can control it through my diet. I hope this is the answer.
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]"Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway!"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:49 AM

Two weeks is a long time. Hang tough, it will be over soon. Even if the tests come back negative, you can try a gluten-free diet to see if you feel better. The tests don't always tell the truth, as many on the board can affirm. Just hold on to the hope of a healthy life!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#3 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:45 AM

I understand your fear that stopping the gluten may not be the lifesaver you are hoping for. I feared the same thing when I was first diagnosed 8 months ago. In my case, my road to recovery has been long and harder than what it seems most others experience, but I have recovered from some of my gastro symptoms and I'm sure you'll probably be like most Celiacs and recover almost right away from most of your symptoms, too. I think mine is an unusual case. Just don't get discouraged if you don't see huge improvements right away. You'll probably see some things change immeadiately and other things maybe even worsen for a while, but after a few months on the diet you'll see everything start to get more normal again, and should be feeling better. Hang in there and good luck!

#4 Alexolua

Alexolua

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:49 PM

Hey, could be worse, you could be getting tested on May 17th, like I am. I still got a month of eating yummy food that hopefully makes me suffer.. ugh.

But, I totally understand your fear too. I tried to go gluten free without much luck, though might have messed it up.. so getting tested to know for sure, but am a little scared it will say I don't have celiac disease.. and after going to doctors for about 10 years and running into dead ends, really don't need another.

So, lets both hope we have this! LOL =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: