Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Another Gluten Article In The News

6 posts in this topic

The Jackson County, Oregon "Mail Tribune" has good article regarding gluten sensitivity. You can view it at http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2005/12...ries/01life.htm

It does have a little mis-information (e.g. suggesting spelt is ok), but in general it is otherwise an excellent article.

I emailed the reporter thanking him for the article. We have to keep the awareness momentum building.

George

Ads by Google:

Thanks for posting--I thought it was a good article. Actually, they talked about spelt as an alternative for those with wheat allergies. It may make them less likely to experience reactions. I thought the onfo. regarding Celiac was accurate.

The Jackson County, Oregon "Mail Tribune" has good article regarding gluten sensitivity. You can view it at http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2005/12...ries/01life.htm

It does have a little mis-information (e.g. suggesting spelt is ok), but in general it is otherwise an excellent article.

I emailed the reporter thanking him for the article. We have to keep the awareness momentum building.

George

Great article! I'm sure that the 18% and 9% increase in gluten-free sales will have other producers sit up and take notice. And the author did do a credible job in differentiating between gluten intolerence and celiac disease in the limited space available.

Very good article. But as of 2004 it's 1 in 100 people in the states that have celiac according to a 2004 research. 1 in 133 was the research of 2003. I don't know, if they actually made one in 2005. And I can't really remember where I read it, but I did read it on here...

Thanks for taking the time to do the post.

Judy in Philly

Thanks for posting this George. I will e-mail the author too.