8 replies to this topic

#1 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:05 AM

I really did not think that rice pudding would be too good. :rolleyes: However I would like to say that Kozy Shack rice pudding has some yummy stuff!! I bought some yesterday, one plain vanilla and one box of single serving with strawberries in the bottom of the cups.

It was SOOOO good!! And it says gluten free right on the tub, you have to LOVE that!! Also I love that I can get it in the regular grocery store and not have to spend a million dollars! ha
-Jessica :D
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:04 PM

I'm not sure of the price difference, but Trader Joe's has both rice and tapioca pudding (both tasty) as well. (And, of course, gluten-free. Quite frankly, I'd think oddly of rice pudding that was NOT gluten-free, given that it's RICE pudding. ;-) )
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 howdoifeeltoday

howdoifeeltoday

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

I looooooooooove Kozy Shack rice puddings! They're great snacks, or quick breakfasts. I buy the big box at Costco but last time I went they didn't carry them anymore :( so I'm hoping they'll bring them back soon. I loooooove the stuff :)

#4 erica

erica

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 06:18 PM

Are the Kozy Shack chocolate pudding snacks also gluten free?

#5 calisherbear

calisherbear

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:17 PM

Yes, the chocolate pudding is also gluten-free. I belive it's even labeled that way on the back of the package. Enjoy!

#6 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:29 PM

I haven't even begun to try the other flavors, I am stuck on the Europen Rice Pudding!! I think I need a 12 step program , because I'm addicted to this pudding!! :wub:

-Jessica
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#7 Lily

Lily

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the intel! I'll have to look for it. I really miss the sweet stuff. :rolleyes:

Lily

#8 pikefamily

pikefamily

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:26 PM

I just discovered this message board--yay! DH and son have had a positive blood test for celiac and we started gluten-free diet several weeks ago. Haven't had a biopsy, but now I'm debating whether it is necessary because they both seem to be responding positively to the diet. I'm looking into the stool testing as an alternative, but have some reservations since it is being sold by the researchers...

Neither DH or son had really bad symptoms though (fortunately) but that makes it hard to know whether I'm still feeding them gluten inadvertently.

I've been buying the Great Value (Walmart) brand of rice pudding, which seems OK based on the label and it is very tasty. Anyone know if it has anything in it? Also, have purchased some Jell-o Fat Free Rice pudding. This contains some artificial colors, so I'm not as confident about it. Anyone know if it contains gluten?

Thanks.

Becky
(mom of Ethan, age 3 with Down syndrome, Hirshprung's, Celiac disease,
mom-to-be of Emily in April,
and wife to Steven with Celiac newly diagnosed)

#9 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

Hi All

Our household likes Kozy Shack too. We can't get the regular vanilla flavor here in our side of NJ. What about the boxed mixes? Are they corn starch based? (My-T-Fine, Jello or Royal).
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: