This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Soy Intolerance! Please Read N Help

romeo77

romeo77 Rookie

hey there

ive been on an ongoing 3/4 week battle now with my movements after food... as mentioned in pervious posts, iv got constant feeling of unfinished stools and bloating/gas/diarohea you name it..... im just not normal!!!

i know my body is reacting to something other than gluten as well.... i tried soy milk etc, avoiding lactose/diary.... that has not worked so im back on cows milk however im thinking im thinking i have other intoleerances..... enterolab.com sounds great, but im an aussie???? what tests can i get ???

i feel so isolated , it sucks... please tell me some names of food sensitivtity tests i can have done, to cure this ...

thankyou crew

dan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nadtorious Rookie

I just had a plain ol' biopsy back in the day, so it just showed gluten intolerence. Since then, I've realized that I definetly can't do dairy or eggs, just based on my body's reaction. Your body will tell you more than those tests, I believe. I can do soy, but in pure form. I make my own soy milk and eat plain roasted soy nuts every day without issue. However, from what I've read on this forum. many celiacs do have an issue with soy. Keep your diet simple-sick with naturally gluten free foods and keep a food diary. This has been the only thing to work for me. Good luck.

Nadia B)

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Dan--here are a couple of sites I found in another thread--dont know if you saw them too or not--check them out: Open Original Shared Link Open Original Shared Link I also sent them to you in an email. I hope you are getting the emails.

I found this too: What support organizations exist in Austrailia?

If you live in Austrailia, be sure to contact the Australian Crohn's and

Colitis Association (ACCA), P.O Box 201, Mooroolbark,

3138, Victoria, Australia. The phone number is Australia (03) 7269008.

Like other support groups they publish a newsletter (quarterly),

present talks and workshops, organise IBD Awareness campaigns, support

local IBD groups and raise funds for continuing research. They also sell

IBD books and videos and are only a phone call away if you need any

advice or support.

Here is a link for enterolab: Open Original Shared Link

Hope this helps a little! Deb

kabowman Explorer

I had the same problems and eventually went to a plain meat and veggie diet for a week or two (when I felt better) then started to add food back in and paid attention to my body--if something bothered me, I tried to figure out which ingredient was the problem and tested my theory.

After that, after I had eliminated quite a bit but was still having some problems, I started a food diary to find the remaining problems. I kept my diary for about 4 weeks which seemed like forever but it really makes you stop and think about what you are eating and you notice exactly what you are eating. I had a space on mine for symptoms I developed after eating & drinking.

Guest nini

I'm starting to notice a pattern of getting ill after eating foods with Soy in them... I already have to avoid gluten, antibiotics and hormones in my meat, nitrites and nitrates and carraway seeds... grrrr... just one more thing to avoid. My family really thinks I am crazy now.

Archived