Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Microwave Popcorn?

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone....just wondering if jolly time's microwave popcorn is known to be safe?? I see that Annatto is used for coloring and I think I read that was NOT safe. Would ya help a newly diagnosed girl who is starving for a quick snack?? Thanks a bunch....

Ads by Google:

All of Jolly Time is gluten-free. I e-mailed them awhile ago and got a nice response. Even the kettle corn, etc. all gluten-free :P

Enjoy! I'm addicted to Jolly Time mini-bags.

- Lauren

Is Healthy Choice Popcorn Gluten Free?

Healthy Choice is a ConAgra brand and they list the allergens so if it has wheat it will clearly say it. I have never seen a popcorn with rye, barley, or oats in it so I would think that is safe. If you are in question you should call. Someone who eats it on here might know.

Act II and Kroger brands are gluten-free. You might want to be extra careful of those with all the extra butter flavors and such as that is generally where you will get additives.

I know this is probably going to make you either laugh or think I am grasping at straw (or both) but we are going to the movie tomorrow for first time since my dx Monday. Should I assume I can not have my beloved movie theatre popcorn - without butter of course? We just spent three hours going over everything in the pantry and have to go shopping at Publix now. I can not call AMC Theatres until Monday and can not find a thread on this, just microwave popcorn. If I can't have movie popcorn, to me it won't really be a movie but I'll have to sneak in my gluten-free Paul Newman stuff.

Thanks I'll check it out! We did get through out pantry/fridge cleaning out but we got a late start. I needed to sleep in today due to bizare dream which woke/kept me up (will post about that on the sleep thread for interpreting help on Monday). Cleaning out the kitchen thing took a while. And we dind't even clean the silverware drawer out yet! Enjoy your weekend!

Have a good time at the movies! Those dreams really do get weird after we go gluten free. I don't remember ever even remembering dreams that much, but now they're so vivid and strange. You'll get through the house--look at it this way--it'll all be there when you get back :D

I eat Orville Reddenbacher's microwave popcorn, I got a nice e-mail response from them that they are a Con Agra company and will clearly list any gluten in the labeling.

I also like Act II microwave popcorn.

AMC popcorn is gluten-free, and so are thier Tostitos nachos. Yum.

Elonwy

Act II and Kroger brands are gluten-free. You might want to be extra careful of those with all the extra butter flavors and such as that is generally where you will get additives.

I've been eating the Act II Microwave Popcorn in the "Kettle Corn" flavor, and so far, I have NOT had any advert reactions to it. Thus, I am hoping that the Kettle Corn flavor in this brand is SAFE? (everyone is different, & I just may be able to tolerate it better than some folks??) Was curious here! :huh: