Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Peanut Butter Gluten Free?

14 posts in this topic

Is Peanut Butter gluten-free? I bought a jar of Yum Yum Peanut Butter today. The only ingredient was Organic Peanuts. Wanted to be sure.. are any other brands gluten-free?

Ads by Google:

as far as I know, most peanut butter is gluten free, especially if the only ingredient is peanuts. However whenever you are in doubt about a product, always remember you can check with the manufacturer!

Skippy, Jiff, and Smuckers Natural..........hope this will be a start.

Lisa B

Never seen a peanut butter with gluten, and definitely not one that has nothing but peanuts.

richard

Is Peanut Butter gluten-free? I bought a jar of Yum Yum Peanut Butter today. The only ingredient was Organic Peanuts. Wanted to be sure.. are any other brands gluten-free?

Smart Balance Peanut Butter is gluten-free...even says Gluten Free on the back by ingrediants list. Good Stuff!!!

Hugs

Bridget ;)

We only buy "natural" peanutbutter, that has only peanuts in it, and not all that extra junk and chemicals like Jiff, and etc. That kind never has gluten in it. We typical by the store barnd of it for cost reasons of course (kroger in this case)

Edited by VydorScope

Vincent--I used to love Kroger products when we lived in GA! I thought they were as good and a lot of times better than the "national brands". We're in NJ now, so no more Kroger :( --I use Smuker's Natural now.

For the more processed stuff... Skippy, Jif, Reese's, Smuckers pb are all gluten-free.

I've wondered about peanut butter too. in most of the Natural brands I've seen, the only ingredient I don't recognize is "palm oil". I'm assuming this is safe because it's not on any "unsafe ingredient lists, but I want to double check. does anyone know for sure? Also, I noticed most of these posts on PB are pretty old- so i just wanted to double check. thanks!

I've wondered about peanut butter too. in most of the Natural brands I've seen, the only ingredient I don't recognize is "palm oil". I'm assuming this is safe because it's not on any "unsafe ingredient lists, but I want to double check. does anyone know for sure? Also, I noticed most of these posts on PB are pretty old- so i just wanted to double check. thanks!

Palm oil is coconut derived and is gluten free.

Palm oil is coconut derived and is gluten free.

Thanks! that is helpful. that was the only ingredient in a jar of PB that I reacted to twice (the first I thought it was something else). I've now realized that there must have been CC (from a knife or something before I was living gluten-free). (I know that sounds like common sense-- i think we all agree this is a learning process). I gave that (fairly new) jar to a friend and will try a new one. Thanks again!

Is there gluten in the peanut butter from the dry roasted nuts or is that a fallicy?

Is there gluten in the peanut butter from the dry roasted nuts or is that a fallicy?

It's a fallacy.

Hi All,

Peanut butter is basically gluten free by nature. What can ruin that is if it is manufactured in a facility where it could be contaminated by other gluten products. A friend of mine is so sensitive that she's got to hide the peanut butter in the house so that none of the kids get into it. After spreading it on the bread and dipping it back in the jar for more, that's enough gluten contaminant to upset her body. My advice is read the label to see if it says its been processed in a place that has no cross contamination.