#46 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

Hi Mace,

when you wanted to quote at the end of the text where the HTML code closes the whole thing there should be this: [/quote]

You had this: [/quote
There was the one bracket missing behind the quote. It can't work like this, you probably erased the bracket, when you wrote your answer...

Hugs, Stef

Edited by stef_the_kicking_cuty, 01 January 2006 - 04:24 PM.

Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 yorkshire lass

yorkshire lass

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:18 PM

English all the way- as far as i know

#48 Guest_cainepole_*

Guest_cainepole_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

Scots, Dutch, Irish, and Cherokee

And to Mace, at the end of each meesage you have quote and reply" you need to go to the top of the page and hit add reply if you do not want to see the other persons message on top of yours. This message written using add reply my next will be using reply" :)

English all the way- as far as i know

see what I mean mace? :)

#49 MACE

MACE

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:28 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION <_<

#50 Silver_naki

Silver_naki

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:11 AM

Family origin...... Hmmmmm, let's see....... :D

Native American Indian, Choctaw/Cherokee, French-Canadian/Flathead
Norweigan
Melungeon
Black Dutch
German
English
{and whatever else was in the "kettle!"}
~Silver_naki~

"If One is to Live...... One must do so with Living." - The Great Apache Chief, Geronimo

#51 carriecraig

carriecraig

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:40 AM

Irish on my mom's side
My father was adopted so I don't really know, but I'm thinking northern European decent, possibly Norwegian.
Carrie
Blood test May 25, 2005
Positive diagnosis through Endoscopy June 13, 2005
gluten-free since then...

#52 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:05 AM

75% Swedish & 25% European (possibly Irish???). My Mother is 100% Swedish/ bio-father is the unknown.
He is 75% Swedish and then 25% I don't know...I've heard Irish, but don't know for sure. I tell my kids they are Swedish because my hubby is Heinz 57!! :P My daughter (adopt. from S. Korea) thought she was Swedish too!! :) VERY upset when she found out she wasn't!!

#53 Guest_Rad_*

Guest_Rad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

Irish / English on my mother's side.

Scottish / English on my father's side.

Dianna

#54 Guest_mvaught_*

Guest_mvaught_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Yep - I am Irish, German, French, Welch and Choctaw Indian.

#55 celiachap

celiachap

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:11 PM

I’ve had three genealogy tests done, at Family Tree DNA, and the results for the “Total” DNA test were:
100% Indo-European
0% African
0% East Asian
0% Native American
Those are the major groups that the world's population belong to, and many people have percentages of more than one type. This is considered accurate, if I remember correctly, for 6 generations back. I don’t think that FTDNA does this particular test anymore.

My direct female line (mtDNA) is type K, which has been traced back to the Austrian/Italian alps some 18,000 years ago. She (the ancestor known as "Katrine") probably was a gatherer - living off of berries, small game, fish, and other easily obtained foods. Here's some more info about mtDNA:
http://home.nc.rr.co.../site/mtdna.htm

The 5200 year old corpse of the “Iceman”, which was discovered in 1991 by hikers in the Alps, has my mtDNA halpotype ("K"): http://www.american.edu/TED/iceman.htm
http://theamt.com/mo...article&sid=218

I think that this guy definitely didn’t have gluten in his diet, lol! It is believed, due to marks on his body, that these Europeans had used acupuncture thousands of years before the Asians. It has been surmised that he may have been a shaman, due to the herbs that he may have been carrying. It is also believed that he could have died from an attack, possibly from a rival group, due to evidence found during the examination of the corpse.

I have traced, through paper-trail and historical research, my female line back to 17th century England, when she migrated to Massachusetts.

My direct male (Y-DNA) line is E3B, These y-lines are found in Europe, Western Asia (Middle East), and North and East Africa. My ancestor probably migrated up North a very long time ago, during the Neolithic expansion. My great-grandfather came to the U.S. from Germany, or Bavaria, in the 19th century. I have been in touch with other people whose fathers' ancestors were Swedish, Dutch, German and other Northern European nationalities, who also have E3b Y-DNA. http://www.familytre...e&projecttype=G

My genealogy research (paper trail) shows that I have:
British (including several Mayflower passengers)
German
Dutch
Irish
Possibly some French
Diagnosed with Celiac March, 2005: Positive endoscopy, blood tests and biopsy. Gluten free since March 2005.

Retested Jan. 2006: Negative blood tests: "Results do not support a diagnosis of celiac disease. Serological markers for celiac disease were not detected."

Results for 2006 endoscope/biopsy pending.

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong.
-Thomas Jefferson

Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.
- Robert Green Ingersoll

#56 Guest_mvaught_*

Guest_mvaught_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:28 PM

I’ve had three genealogy tests done, at Family Tree DNA, and the results for the “Total” DNA test were:
100% Indo-European
0% African
0% East Asian
0% Native American
Those are the major groups that the world's population belong to, and many people have percentages of more than one type. This is considered accurate, if I remember correctly, for 6 generations back. I don’t think that FTDNA does this particular test anymore.

My direct female line (mtDNA) is type K, which has been traced back to the Austrian/Italian alps some 18,000 years. I have traced, through paper-trail and historical research, my female line back to 17th century England, when she migrated to Massachusetts.

My direct male (Y-DNA) line is E3B, These y-lines are found in Europe, Western Asia (Middle East), and North and East Africa. My ancestor probably migrated up North a very long time ago, during the Neolithic expansion. My great-grandfather came to the U.S. from Germany, or Bavaria, in the 19th century. I have been in touch with other people whose fathers' ancestors were Swedish, Dutch, German and other Northern European nationalities, who also have E3b Y-DNA.
http://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join....e&projecttype=G

My genealogy research (paper trail) shows that I have:
British (including several Mayflower passengers)
German
Dutch
Irish
Possibly some French

wow - i didn't even realize there was a DNA geneology test that was available for the public -hmmm, very interesting. is there a link on that (for future reference - i'm just a broke grad student right now)

#57 EaglesDream49

EaglesDream49

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:12 AM

German and Polish on my dad's side and English and Swedish on my mother's side. :rolleyes:

#58 Neicee

Neicee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Hi
I am all Irish!!!

#59 trents

trents

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

Mostly English on both sides with a little Scotch-Irish. perhaps. on mom's side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: