#1 cami

cami

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:13 AM

Hi,

I'm about to have the biopsy done in a few day's and I'm VERY nervous.... Do you recommend that I take the numbing medicine - or can you do without drugs (I would rather not take any medicines).

/Camil

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:31 AM

Hi--Good luck with the procedure. I don't have experience with the numbing meds. I was asleep for mine and woke up feeling rested and otherwise fine. If I had to have a follow-up, I'd have it done the same way. I was nervous before mine (had a colonoscopy the same day) but there really isn't anything to be afraid of. The biopsy is a pretty quick procedure. You'll do fine--let us know how it went :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

I had the options of having the biopsy done with or without sedation. I opted for partial sedation, so I might as well have had no sedation at all! The procedure didn't hurt, but I gagged a lot. They sprayed a "numbing spray" on my throat to help.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#4 jbern

jbern

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

I'm about to have the biopsy done in a few day's and I'm VERY nervous.... Do you recommend that I take the numbing medicine - or can you do without drugs (I would rather not take any medicines).

/Camil

Hi there:

I am a brand new member here. I just had the endoscopy and colonoscopy done a few weeks ago. "Biopsy" is such a frightening word but, you do not even know that it was done. They shoul just call it "sample" or something like that. I had a drug called Versed and don't remember a thing. I came home and took a nap for most of the afternoon. I felt like I had drank a few glasses of red wine. You said that you would rather not take the medicines and I understand that but, this is the one time you should let them give it to you. It is only for a short amount of time and why go through all of that if you don't have to? Just my opinion. Best of luck and don't be scared!

#5 cami

cami

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for your advice!

I'll let you know how it goes :blink:

/Cami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users