3 replies to this topic

#1 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:15 AM

Can anyone help me, i have white patches in my mouth which i have had these for 7 months, diganosed with Celiac 1 month ago, my doctors had me on Nystatin for this but it dont seem to help me, i have also been on some componded medicine which made the problem worse, Been tested for yeast 2 times and said Negative, but im not so sure cause i just cant get rid of this problem, no one seems to be able to help me here and i have a bad sore throat cause the patches are in my throat?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sweetie101282

sweetie101282

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:15 AM

I'm not sure if we have the same thing going on but... because of the celiac disease I have Iron Deficiency Anemia. This can cause sores in the corners of your mouth called chelitis (sp??) but you can also get these sores inside your mouth. I have them where-ever two areas meet... in the crease between my lip and gumline, around my inner gums, etc...
Are your spots sores or just spots and do they hurt when you eat foods like chocolate and salty chips??
-amy
Diagnosed by biopsy and Gluten-Free since March 2003. I have the noisiest stomach known to man. Seriously, how do I turn off this crazy thing??? Sounds like I've got an alien in there...

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

For the ultimate donuts, visit www.celiacspecialties.com. I wouldn't lie to you, I swear!

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:43 PM

It sounds alot like thrush. However, thrush is a yeast so if you have tested negative then I would think it would be ruled out. I don't know...have you seen the doctor lately??

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 kvogt

kvogt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:53 AM

This also sounds like lichen planus. Are the white patches tender? Does toothpaste and spicy foods make your mouth burn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: