Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

White Patches In Mouth

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me, i have white patches in my mouth which i have had these for 7 months, diganosed with Celiac 1 month ago, my doctors had me on Nystatin for this but it dont seem to help me, i have also been on some componded medicine which made the problem worse, Been tested for yeast 2 times and said Negative, but im not so sure cause i just cant get rid of this problem, no one seems to be able to help me here and i have a bad sore throat cause the patches are in my throat?

Ads by Google:

I'm not sure if we have the same thing going on but... because of the celiac disease I have Iron Deficiency Anemia. This can cause sores in the corners of your mouth called chelitis (sp??) but you can also get these sores inside your mouth. I have them where-ever two areas meet... in the crease between my lip and gumline, around my inner gums, etc...

Are your spots sores or just spots and do they hurt when you eat foods like chocolate and salty chips??

-amy

It sounds alot like thrush. However, thrush is a yeast so if you have tested negative then I would think it would be ruled out. I don't know...have you seen the doctor lately??

-Jessica :rolleyes:

This also sounds like lichen planus. Are the white patches tender? Does toothpaste and spicy foods make your mouth burn?