#1 kenyan

kenyan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hi.

I am finding all this information extremely helpful. Here is my story so far....

I have been "struggling" with an illness (??) for as long as I can remember. I am now 35, married with beautiful 2 year old twins. For more than 20 years I have seeing various Doctor with the following symptoms:
Cronic tiredness
Night terrors
loose bowel movements after most meals (although I have only just tomld my current Doctor this due to be not thinking it was relevant (IDIOT!!)
It is also interesting to note that I matured later than most of my peers (I was about 18 when I had my main growing spurt).

I have owned and operated my own business for the past 6 years and more often than not I have been struggling with motivation, tiredness, lack of energy, concentration, anxiety. I often, due to the tiredness feel like I am wasting away my life. This has an enormous effect on me both from a business point of view and a personal satisfaction point of view. My confidence is at an all time low.

Some of the attempted solutions offered by Doctors have been:
ADHD and prescribed ritilin10
Depression and prescribed Zoloft
Haemochromotosis (did not have the gene!)

Neither of these had any positive effect on me at all. Two days ago, my wife heard an interview on the radio about the effects and symptoms of Celiac desease and suggested that I do some research. EVERY THING I have read makes perfect sense to me.

My Doctor, who I have been seeing for over 2 years order me a blood test today, which I did. I am expecting to have these results early next week.

I would like to know if any of my symptoms ring true with any one else?

In a bizarre sort of way I am hoping that the blood test and biopsy are both positive so I can get on with actually working out a way to feel better. If this happens, what can expect to occur and in what time frame?

Any other stories/ experiences would be happily read.

thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

Advanced Community Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

I don't know if you have celiac disease or not, but I was almost identical in symptoms (pre-diagnosis)

#3 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:20 AM

Your symptoms are typical of celiac disease. Make sure that you continue eating gluten for all of your testing or else you could get false negative results. Here are the names of the blood tests that you can have done:
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
Total Serum IgA

Keep us posted on your results :)
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#4 kenyan

kenyan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

many thanks.

I will definately keep you posted. How much better do you feel now compared with pre gluton free stage of your life?

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: