Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Going To Family Doc In 8 Days...

2 posts in this topic

After discovering my sons issues, I found ALOT of supporting info re celiac and me.. I made an appt with my family dr in 8 days~ do I HAVE to stay on gluten until then? if so, how much is the minimum?

I have concluded nearly 95% that wheat IS causing my horrible hives, that includes my face/eyes/lips and tongue swelling. I was gluten-free for about a week with my son with subsiding of my hives, and then binged this weekend on pizza. I have horrible muscle aches/severe joint pain to the point I don't want to move. My hives are back full force, and the antihistamines aren't helping. I have an upset tummy. I have sharp pains in my stomach area. I don't want to do this for another week if I don't have to, but if I must, for proper blood work, how much is the minimum to consume?

Ads by Google:

In order to find out if your body produces antibodies to something, you have to be "getting" that something for it to react to. So yes, you have to continue eating plenty of gluten - the recommendation, I believe, before testing, is a minimum of the equivalent of three slices of wheat bread a day.