6 replies to this topic

#1 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:07 AM

I love their chocolate milkshakes and am not opposed to eating a bunless burger with some ketchup and pickles on it, but does anyone have any info on whether any of their food is safe. Oh and also their fries. I think they are fried in dedicated fryers but not positive. I can e-mail the company but figured I would check here first.
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:20 AM

I know they also serve onion rings, so I don't think they have dedicated fryers...

As long as the meat is 100% beef, you should be fine (assuming they don't put the buns on the grill) -- I would be careful about condomints also -- some fatburgers swipe the ladel into the condomints (mayo) and swipe it onto the bread and then place the ladle back in the mayo -- cross contamination...

#3 mookie03

mookie03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

i just saw this post and was wondering the same thing-- i went to fatburger when i was in vegas-- i had a bunless burger and fries there. about 15 minutes later i was violently ill and was sick the rest of the day, but i also questioned whether this was a gluten reaction (it was a "different" kind of sickness). So i know that wasnt helpful, but id be very interested in hearing if you find out, as i still dont know what made me sick!

#4 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:02 PM

The fries are differently not gluten free (cross contamination with Onion rings and other stuff in the fryer.

Its not a real safe place for us to eat (IMO)

#5 pixelex

pixelex

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

Guess what folks? Fatburger now has a gluten free bun option for only an extra $1.25!!! I am so happy. Check it out. I went to the location in Bellevue, WA, I'm assuming all other locations offer the same.

#6 RonSchon

RonSchon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Guess what folks? Fatburger now has a gluten free bun option for only an extra $1.25!!! I am so happy. Check it out. I went to the location in Bellevue, WA, I'm assuming all other locations offer the same.

Must be your local franchisee. I checked mine - he has one in the same building as my office and he doesn't do anything extra for true gluten-free - as far as CC goes.

#7 jsolanda

jsolanda

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Must be your local franchisee. I checked mine - he has one in the same building as my office and he doesn't do anything extra for true gluten-free - as far as CC goes.

I went to the downtown Redmond, WA Fat Burger today and watched them prepare food. I am not Gluten Free, but my wife is. As they were preparing my order, we watched them continuously feed buns into the toaster, without chaning their gloves. I believe their buns can get cross contaminated by the toaster, and the preparers gloves. I also believe they can get cross contaminated by the condiment knives. They fry their onion rings and fries in the same fryer as well. While their buns may be gluten free, cross contamination is a high possibility there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: