1 reply to this topic

#1 bignate

bignate

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:05 PM

I can't remeber which thread I read about stuffing in, but...

I had bought some rice bread (my girlfriend is newly dx'd) and needless to say I found it to be sub-optimal for texture...I thought it felt and tasted stale...but what better use for stale bread than stuffing! I just cubed it and mixed in eggs, margarine, spices and parm cheese and threw it in the oven. I do not have celiac disease, but man was it hard to keep my nibbling hands off of that stuffing. I wanted to save as much as I could for my girlfriend and most gluten-free food is really expensive so I try not to eat her stuff when there are other things around, but man this is good stuff.

I guess this is not a recipe since I kind of cook by the seat of my pants, but you could make this too. Just eye it up ;)

Oh and to make sure proper credit is given - I read a thread here that talked about making stuffing out of gluten-free bread. So that author deserves the credit :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Terri-Anne

Terri-Anne

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:02 PM

:D Thanks BigNate
I had asked about whether anyone had made stuffing from the gluten-free bread, in another thread.
I am glad someone who has tried it posted the results. I will have to try it out for my gang. I am finding my entire gang to enjoy many of the gluten-free things I make for my little fellow. I bet they will like this just fine too.
Thanks for sharing your results!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: