17 replies to this topic

#16 kerri124

kerri124

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for the great info Richard. I would not have chosen to eat out if it could have been helped. I was at my cousins bridal shower which was a 5 hour event and had to eat something! I suffer with low blood sugar as well as celiac disease so its hard to go without eating something. There was no outside food allowed so bringing my own was out. I guess my next venture out to eat will be at her wedding in June. Hopefully I'll have a better experience then. Thanks again everyone.

Kerri

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mijoryma

mijoryma

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

I just wanted to thank Theresa for the nice email. I am not sure how to contact you directly to respond. I am actually awaiting bloodtest results from my doctor and should hear more info tomorrow. How do you know if you are a stage 3 or 4? Actually you are the first person to mention that there was even stages to celiac disease. I guess I do not know too much about the disease yet. As far as the bread goes, I was very happy to find some really good tasting bread (as good as this bread can taste anyway) when I was in DisneyWorld. I ate at one of the parks and the chef came out to talk to me directly about what she was going to serve me. I had some rice rolls with my dinner and they were good, so I asked her about them. She said she mail orders them from a website. The only downfall was that you would have to order in bulk. The website is www.cybrosinc.com. They do have other things on the order form besides gluten free in case you want to order for other family. I found that the the rolls and the rice bread was good. The cookies were not too good. I actually dried the rice bread and made bread crumbs with it and used it to make my italian meatballs. They tasted just like they always used to. I also found Glutano spaghetti tastes very good too. I hope this helps you too. Thanks again.

Michelle

#18 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:59 AM

I also liked the rolls I got in Disney World (at Akershus, but I assume they use the same brand everywhere there), but I wasn't too thrilled with the bun I had with my chicken sandwich. I also had a very yummy brownie at Hollywood and Vine and very fine pancakes at one of the character breakfasts. I really wanted French toast but they were out of gluten-free bread.

For those who want to send private e-mail to somebody just click on the person's name and look for the e-mail function on the right.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: