Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Luquid Smoke

6 posts in this topic

i have a bean recipe that my family loves, it's just a matter of making sure i buy the gluten versions of everything in it----does anyone know about liquid smoke---this is what makes the recipe so good. i have figaro brand hickory lidquid smoke and barbeque marinade. the 2 suspicious ingredients are caramel color and spices. some info i got from the doc's office says that caramel color is most likely safe. what do you think (there is no phone number) does anyone know of a brand this is unquestionably safe?

christine

Ads by Google:

I use Colgin LIQUID SMOKE which I find at Korger.

:( Dang... I'd like to know about any of the LIQUID SMOKE flavorings too, because my husband & I "smoke & cure" our own meat, such as Wild Game, (Deer, Elk) and also fresh Trout. (fish) We also do our own Jerky meat as well. Most of the Liquid Smoke flavorings don't have alot of information posted on thier labels. Guess I'll have to look into this one.........

I bought some liquid smoke at the grocery, regular grocery store. can't remember the name, but it said gluten-free on the back. I'll try to check.

ooo-mine was colgin too!

Colgin is definatly Gluten Free. They have it in their FAQ on the website.

http://www.colgin.com/liquidsmokefaqs/#glutenfree

You can order it from them in big gallon containers too...

Gee THANKS for the info here on the Liquid Smoke brand... I looked at some of the ones I have the other day, and they are the "Wright" brand of Liquid Smoke. I still haven't checked into this, to see whether it is safe or not. Gosh.... if "Colgin" comes in big GALLON containers, WOW--- that would last a Life time! :D