- - - - -

Cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:44 PM

I haven't heard from anyone else on this board about cigarettes, and am wondering if they're ok. I'm not a regular smoker, but have maybe one cig. every 3 months or so. I haven't had any since going gluten-free, however (8 months ago.) Are they considered "safe" or it something we have to call the manufacturer about?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 granny

granny

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:33 PM

cigarettes Are they considered "safe" or it something we have to call the manufacturer about?

Gillian, I think that you're referring to Gluten content (correct me if I'm wrong) in this topic, but I'd like to share a little of my story and Toot my own horn, so to speak. There is a cigarrette topic under Coping With Celiac started on 3-17 by Mario that I found very interesting. It has a lot of replies and in these, I learned that it could be contributing to my Celiac as well as ruining my health in other ways. I'd smoked for about 40 + yrs; 3 pkg. a day! Stupid ? YES!! but truthful!!
I had cut back to 1 pkg a day and could tell it helped but I still had problems. After reading this string, I bought a box of patches, finished the last cigarette in the house, put on a patch and haven't had a cig. since!!! I'm so happy to be free of them and feel a lot better. THANKS to all who wrote on this string!!
I still have days of temptation but they are getting less and with God's help and all the help I've received here, I know I can do this and stay clean. I'm very interested in responces to your question as I'd never even considered that they might contain gluten! There is so much knowledge here!
Thanks for listening! Granny

#3 murda

murda

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

Granny -
I heard through the grapevine that cigarette papers contain trace amounts of gluten. Whether this is true or not I am not sure. Like I said I didn't hear it from a doctor or manufacturer just a friend commenting on it. Sorry I don't know for sure or have more information. If you find out let me know because I'm around smokers all the time, and it would be a nice thing to know.
Sorry I can't help more!
MURDA

#4 jen-schall

jen-schall

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 02:34 PM

if the gluten doesn't bug you, the formaldehyde will! etc!
xo Jen

when I look around, I think this,
this is good enough
and I try to laugh at whatever life brings
because when I look down,
I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up,
I just trip over things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: