- - - - -

Tired Of Waiting

• Please log in to reply

16 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_mvaught_*

Guest_mvaught_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

It says on the Delphi list that Garden of Eatin chips CANNOT be guaranteed gluten-free due to shared equipment. I dont know if some people eat these chips w/out any trouble but I dont eat them...I just dont take chances with cross-contamination.

Also have you checked your cosmetics, lotions, hair products etc? Especially make sure lipstick or chapstick are gluten free.

Speak of the Devil..I ate Garden of Eatin' blue corn taco shells tonight not remembering the brand name that you mentioned (since you spoke of the chips - i just forgot to add two and two) which of course mention nothing of gluten on the packaging and indeed now I am sick! Apparently not only can they not guarantee - they absolutely are cross contaminated!

-Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Packard

Packard

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

My symptoms are less severe than most of yours and I complained early on. My doctor never came up with a diagnosis. After 6 months of distress I came across an article in the local paper about an entire family with celiac. I decided to try a gluten free diet. After 2 days most of the symptoms were gone and after a week I felt fine.

But then my immune system said, "It's not nice to mess with me". And it nailed me with psoriatic arthritis. The medications for the arthritis suppress the immune system and I'm sure it helps keep my celiac condition under control.

Minute amounts of wheat do not bother me and if the wheat appears way down on the ingredient list I ignore it. Highly processed wheat (beer) does not bother me either, and there appears to be little consensus on whether beer can be consumed by celiacs or not.

It appears I caught the disease before any damage had been done to my intestines and the change in diet eliminated the irritant.

I wish you luck. Everyone heals a different rates. Give it time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: