Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Turkey Bacon

6 posts in this topic

I was in Walmart today and I was going to purchase some turkey bacon made by the Jenny-O company and for some reason I read the label, I usually don't but something told me to do that and to my surprise there was wheat in the natural flavoring. I thought that because I didn't want to eat the fat of the regular bacon that I would be better off with the turkey bacon. I was wrong it is safer for me to have the fat from the regular bacon than to have the gluten from the turkey bacon. Who would have guessed that.

Cheryl

Ads by Google:

That's odd because I just bought some and checked the label and didn't see that on mine! And if you look at the link posted above the turkey bacon is listed as gluten-free! Are you sure you looked at Jennio and not at the other brand out there?

I'm sure that it was Jenny-O Bacon. I just checked there website and they have listed extra-lean as gluten-free. The package did not say it was extra-lean. The new requirement for labeling is the only reason that I have never seen wheat on the packaging before because I always check my labels.

Cheryl

Ok! Mine must be extra lean then! Good thing you checked!

I don't eat bacon very often, but I avoid turkey bacon. I have had bad experiences with it in the past. It's just the plain, old-fashioned bacon for me (smells great, too).