#1 Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:08 AM

Hi Everyone,

My doctor was ure I was celiac with all the symptoms I have had. I went on the gluten free diet and in 4 weeks I noticed a big change other than being tired. He states the test shows negative and I may want to do teh biopsy. Anyone else experience this? Also THe test have found I am Anemic (6.9) and he wants to start me on iron...to save money he wants to start me there first and re check my blood results in 6 weeks...if the anemia clears he knows it is possible for iron deficiancy due to Celiac and he says its safe to assume I am Celiac. If not we must look for another source causing the anemia...right now he has me conducting cocorectel cancer skids....Can anyone interject on this. Have you had a negative antibodies test yet still celiac? Does anyone else have anemia with theirs?

In Him,
Leigh Ann

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

Hi Leigh Ann,

In my opinion, since you improved on the gluten-free diet you most likely have Celiac or Gluten Sensitivity. A lot of people here have had both negative blood work and negative biospy and still have the disease (myself included). It takes time for a disease to show up in blood and to damage the small intestines. A lot of us that this has happend to have either tried the diet (which is a test in itself) or went through Enterolab for stool panel testing, which is more sensitive than blood.

Good luck to you and God Bless :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: