5 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaD

AmandaD

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:52 AM

I thought I should just write a quick thank you to all of you out there on this board. Over the past 4 months of utter confusion about the diet...and not exactly complete understanding from my family (who's actually very wonderful, but just a bit clueless - a friend said to me on the phone yesterday "Hey, it'll be great when you grow out of this and can eat normal again in a few years")....I've learned more on this board than I've been able to anywhere else.

Anyway - to your health - AmandaD
Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 carriecraig

carriecraig

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

Amanda, I agree with you wholeheartedly! My doctor handed me a pamplet when I was diagnosed, and that was the guidance I had - I didn't understand about cross contamination at all, and was still being glutened often. Thanks to this board, I feel like I'm becoming a pro, slowly but surely.
Carrie
Blood test May 25, 2005
Positive diagnosis through Endoscopy June 13, 2005
gluten-free since then...

#3 danikali

danikali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

MUUUUUUCHOOOOOOO THANKS from me too! I don't know what I would do without you guys!

You're the best! Muah! :lol: :D
Danielle (Dani)

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by Dr. Green (gene HLA DQ8) 1/05/06
Diagnosed: Gluten Sensitive through enterolab 11/17/05
Diagnosed: Casein Sensitive through enterolab 3/7/06

Diagnosed: Interstitial Cystitis (IC) 07/26/06

I finally put my picture on because it doesn't look like I'll be eating ANY cake on my Wedding day..........I'm the one in the middle.

Intolerant to: (besides gluten)

Casein
Peanuts (can handle very small amounts)
Any kind of additives or preservatives

#4 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

I want to thank some of you new Celiacs as well, you are bringing up things that I haven't thought of in years. Like 17 years ago I was told not to drink root-beer because it has malt, so I never bothered checking into the new products. So, just this morning from a new Celiac I learn that I can have A&W root beer. :lol: A&W ... here I come. I think I'll bring a bottle home and make a float. gluten-free ice-cream of course.

#5 mookie03

mookie03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

I agree, you guys are the best! I love when someone asks a question that i know the answer to, b/c it makes me so happy to be able to give back to those that have gotten me through the past 7 months! I have no idea how hard this would have been w/o this board, but thankfully, ill never have to know. You all rock! :D

#6 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

I think I learn something new EVERY DAY on this site. It is the best for dealing with all the issues that surround the confusion of having to live this gluten free life in a gluten filled world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: