Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

For All Of The Ones Waiting For Recovery :)

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 aikiducky

aikiducky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:13 AM

How long it's going to take to get better has been up a lot lately, so I pricked my ears when I came across this just now : "I’ve increased the [follow-up] biopsy interval from one to two years because only 40% of people had complete recovery after 12 months gluten-free." This was in an article on the celiac.com site, by William Dickey, a gastroenterologist at Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry, Northern Ireland, with over 400 celiac patients attending his clinics. :)

Pauliina

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Claire

Claire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for posting this. Too many on this forum have been lead to believe that the healing process is fairly immediate. It most definitely is not. Perhaps an authoritative statement like this will insert a little reality here. I was given this two year figure as a minimum. Claire

#3 minibabe

minibabe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

that is really depressing :(

I have gone to gluten-free restaurants and I have gotten glutend from them. I was only dx about a little over a year ago and the last three times that I have been to PF Changs I have been contaminated. I am very sensitive to gluten and I can tell with in 1/2 an hour if I have eaten the wrong thing. I am so careful and I really enjoy going out to eat, and that is why I go to gluten-free restaurtants, but I cant rely on anything.

Thank you for the information I really appericate it :)

Amanda NY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: