1 reply to this topic

#1 Kayleen007

Kayleen007

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:23 AM

I have almost all of the symptoms listed for Celiac disease. But I also have a few things that I'm not sure if it would fall under this. Stress, smoking, and medication (mainly antibiotics) just tear me up. It doesn't make sense that these would fall under Celiac..does anybody else have these problems?? Most of my problems are generally right after I eat..but sometimes they come out of nowhere. And I don't generally have any really bad problems when I'm sleeping. 99% of the time it's when I'm awake. Any thoughts on this??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 concernedlady

concernedlady

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:00 PM

DEAR KAYLEEN,

HERE ARE SOME IDEAS, AS RESPONSES TO WHAT YOU WROTE:

I have almost all of the symptoms listed for Celiac disease.

HAVE YOU TRIED A (STRICTLY) GLUTEN-FREE DIET, FOR A MONTH, TO SEE IF THIS HELPS YOU TO FEEL BETTER?
------------------------

But I also have a few things that I'm not sure if it would fall under this. Stress, smoking, and medication (mainly antibiotics) just tear me up.

GLUTEN INTOLERANCE CAN CAUSE DEPRESSION, SO A GLUTEN-FREE DIET CAN HELP WITH GLUTEN-INDUCED STRESS! AND, YOU COULD LOOK FOR A KIND, PSYCHOLOGIST, OR COUNSELOR, TO HELP GIVE YOU SOME EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, IN CASE YOU HAVE "SITUATIONAL" STRESS (LIKE MOST PEOPLE DO!).

THE SMOKING HABIT CAN BE CONQUERED, FOR EXAMPLE, WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE GIVING EACHOTHER SUPPORT, TO QUIT. SMOKING CAN CAUSE CONSTRICTION OF BLOOD VESSELS, MAKING DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS WORSE. SMOKING CAN CAUSE ULCERS, TOO.

WHILE YOU'RE ON ANTIBIOTICS, YOU COULD TAKE SOME "PROBIOTICS" THAT ARE BOTH GLUTEN-FREE & MILK-FREE, TO RE-POPULATE THE BENEFICIAL BACTERIA (PROBIOTICS) THAT THE ANTIBIOTICS KILL, IN THE DIGESTIVE TRACT, INCLUDING THE SMALL & LARGE INTESTINES. TAKE THE "PROBIOTICS" HALF WAY BETWEEN ANTIBIOTIC DOSES, TO PREVENT ANTIBIOTICS & PROBIOTICS FROM "NEUTRALIZING" EACHOTHER'S EFFECTS!

PEOPLE HERE MAY HAVE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FOR "PROBIOTICS" BRANDS THAT ARE GLUTEN-FREE. YOU MIGHT CONSIDER A PROBIOTIC FORMULATION CALLED "DAIRY-FREE MAXI BIFIDUS", MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED "ETHICAL NUTRIENTS". ALTHO THE LABEL DOESN'T SAY GLUTEN-FREE, THE COMPANY SAID (BY PHONE) THAT IT IS GLUTEN-FREE. YOU COULD CHECK, WITH THE COMPANY, BEFORE BUYING IT.
---------------------------

It doesn't make sense that these would fall under Celiac..does anybody else have these problems??

OTHERS WILL BE ALONG TO SHARE IDEAS ABOUT THIS.
----------------------------

Most of my problems are generally right after I eat..but sometimes they come out of nowhere. And I don't generally have any really bad problems when I'm sleeping. 99% of the time it's when I'm awake. Any thoughts on this??

THERE MAY BE DELAYED EFFECTS, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE INTOLERANT OF, THAT YOU EAT. OTHERS MAY HAVE IDEAS ABOUT THIS, TOO.

ALSO, CHECK OUT DR. FINE'S WEBSITE, ABOUT HIS STOOL TESTING AT HIS "ENTERO-LAB". SEE http://www.finerhealth.com MANY PEOPLE HERE HAVE BENEFITTED FROM THIS NON-INVASIVE STOOL SAMPLE TESTING FOR GLUTEN INTOLERANCE, AND FOR SOME OTHER FOOD INTOLERANCES.

HANG IN THERE. PEOPLE HERE ARE NICE, KNOWLEDGABLE, AND WILL HELP, AND GIVE YOU SUPPORT! :-)

CAROL
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: