This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Urgent-help! Serious Pain!

mightymorg

mightymorg Rookie

I don't know what happened! I was starting my workout, and just 10 minutes into my elliptical exercise I got very serious pain in my gut, right below my belly button. It's not gas, and it's not a pulled muscle, it hurts like hell from the inside and I can't stand up...it hurts too much. It burns almost. The closest thing I can describe it to is that it feels exactly like when I had a cyst on my fallopian tube and it started leaking. My boyfriend is at work, so I'm home alone...I don't have a fever, the pain is just excrutiating! Any ideas?!? :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elisabet Contributor

I am so sorry,please contact your doctor and let us know the resault.

best wishes elisabet

jenvan Collaborator

Does it hurt from your belly button downward in a line like? Does it hurt constantly or when you lean a certain way?

mightymorg Rookie

it is hurting from the bellybutton and down, but now the pain is spreading up on the right side of the bellybutton. it hurts no matter what position i'm in, and it's giving me chills...it's worse if I stand up...i have to stay hunched over. thank y'all for replying

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Is it close to your fallopian tubes or your ovaries? That's the only thing that I can think of. Sometimes when I am ovulating, I have excrutiating pain for a couple of hours then it goes away.

I would strongly recommend you contact your doctor though. Don't leave it go too long.....

Keep us posted.

Karen

jenvan Collaborator

boy, i'd say is near impossible for us to know what it is!! but as has been said, you may need to give the doc a call. appendicitis is near your area of pain. Open Original Shared Link have you been feeling okay otherwise?

gabby Enthusiast

Could it be a hernia? Regardless, get to the hospital and find out for sure.

good luck

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

I agree, go to the hospital emergency right now. If you can't drive yourself, call the hospital and ask them what they think, if they think it's serious, they might send an ambulance. Or you might get a friend to drive you. But do go.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

The pain could be from appendicitis. You should go see a doctor ASAP.

minibabe Contributor

Let us know how you are doing, keep us posted. Hope that you feel better soon.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
The pain could be from appendicitis. You should go see a doctor ASAP.

Agree with Carriefaith--came on tonight to see how you were doing and didn't see an answer...

so hope you got to the dr or hospital to get ck'd out....Thanks Jenvan for the appendicitis sight for her to see.

this is one caring group of people--- :)

Judy in PHilly

ebrbetty Rising Star

Did you call the hospital? are you feeling better?

mightymorg Rookie

Thank y'all so much for the help! I did go to the ER. They did blood work and a CT scan to rule out appendicitis, which they did....however, we found out the pain is from a new cyst on my right side, about the size of a mandarin orange. Not bad considering my last cyst (on right f. tube) grew to the size of a baseball (had a lap to remove it). We guess it leaked a tiny bit of fluid, which caused the pain. Weird, because that first cyst is why I got on BC anyway to try and shrink it (which it didn't), but I've stayed on it...so, theoretically, I shouldn't be getting cysts since I'm not ovulating (I take it like clockwork). They wrote me an Rx for vicodin for the pain if it comes back, and I'm calling my GYN tomorrow for a follow-up. I'd like to NOT have another surgery for a danged cyst, but we'll see in time I guess!

Thank you all for the kind wishes!

Ursa Major Collaborator

I'm sorry about the cyst, but glad you had it checked out and its not appendicitis. Keep us posted on what will be done.

All the best

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

just got on to see if you were home safe and ok

Glad no surgery for you today.

Judy in Philly

ebrbetty Rising Star

happy to hear you're ok. hopefully you won't need surgery.

mightymorg Rookie

Thanks again for all the kind words!

Becky6 Enthusiast

I am sorry about that! But glad you know what it is and that all is well!

jenvan Collaborator

Glad you got it figured out--but cysts can be so painful!! I've had a few :( Hope you are feeling better now!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi--I've been following this since yesterday and am glad to see you're okay :) . I had nothing to add to the recomendations to seek medical help and was hoping you did that without delay. I have a cyst on my ovary that they are "watching". Several times, the pain was so intense--but knowing what it was, I waited it out and the pain usually lasts about 1 or 2 days. It would even be painful if I touched the skin in the area. Thankfully, it hasn't flared up in a while. Good luck with everything.

mightymorg Rookie

Thanks for the warm wishes. :) I had a rough time sleeping last night...I'm used to falling asleep on my stomach, but it hurt to stretch out so I couldn't fall asleep on my sides. However, I filled my Rx for the Vicodin, took some, and I can feel it working like a charm! :P Now I need to call my gyn...

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I am so glad you got checked out and figured out what it was. I thought it kinda sounded fallopian tubish....LOL! Hope you are feeling better really soon!

Hugs.

Karen

Archived