15 replies to this topic

#1 pborschowa

pborschowa

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

Just wondering if there is anyone from the seattle area on here???
Peter
Gluten-Free Since January, 2005
Woodinville

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

I am now! (moved up here three months ago)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 glutenfreebaker

glutenfreebaker

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:41 PM

I live in Seattle. I've also been looking for others in Seattle that frequent this forum. How long have you been gluten free? I'm on yahoo messenger as massage45678 if you want to chat.

#4 LauraZ

LauraZ

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:50 AM

We live in Bellevue. My two daughters and I are all gluten-free. You're in Woodinville? Have you been to Made by Mona's yet? I just heard about this place -- it's just off of 522 and 202. Here is her website:
http://www.madebymona.com

Laura
gluten-free 7/27/05

"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

#5 Generic

Generic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:20 PM

I live in lakewood, which is about 40 miles South of Seattle.

#6 BB22

BB22

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hi,

I too am in Seattle, north end.

Do y'all go to any of the local support groups? Or is this the place?

bb22

#7 lonewolf

lonewolf

Gluten Free pancakes over the fire!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

I'm in Federal Way. One of my children is gluten-free too. Just went to Kaili's kitchen in Edmonds today. It was a little, let's say, informal, but sure was nice to have fish and chips for the first time in 10 years.

Liz
Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

#8 burdee

burdee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

Hi All of You in the Seattle Area:
I LEAD A CELIAC SUPPORT GROUP WHICH MEETS IN BOTHELL (NORTH SEATTLE AREA) on every 2nd Tuesday of the Month. We meet next on Valentine's Day (February 14) 7-8:30pm. We will have free NAMASTE gluten-free goody samples and discuss 'Travelling with celiac disease'. If you're interested, email me, penguinea@hotmail.com and I'll send you directions to our meeting location. Our group is called 'SNOCOCELIACS' because we used to meet at "Kaili's Kitchen" in Snohomish County. When I assumed leadership last August, I chose a nonrestaurant location to eliminate restaurant noise distractions during our discussions.

If 2nd Tuesdays don't work for you or if you would prefer an Eastside (Bellevue/Redmond) location, another group which calls themselves "Seattle Celiacs" (yeah, that's confusing) meets on 3rd Tuesdays at the Group Health Eastside Hospital from 7-9pm. Contact earl.ley@comcast.net. He leads that group.
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#9 RussCourt

RussCourt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:53 AM

I'm live in Bellevue...just moved here with my DF three weeks ago. I'm not officially gluten-free yet (tried an elimination diet, found some positive results, but waiting until I have Enterolab or similar to go off officially), but I would love to hang out and talk with other Seattle-area gluten-free folk. I have had eczema since I was an infant, IBS since 17 or so, and after I moved to Russia for six months, an explosion of systems, mostly related to pain/cramping/heaviness in legs and arms, breathlessness, bloatedness, and anxiety. Getting an EKG in Moscow....quite the adventure! I also have a family history of GI problems, anemia and infertility. I like the idea of drug-free treatments, so if the tests turn up even suggestive of gluten intolerance...I'm done with it.

I'd love to stop by these groups. Thanks for letting us know about them! :)

#10 mitch

mitch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:55 PM

I live in Seattle. I've also been looking for others in Seattle that frequent this forum. How long have you been gluten free? I'm on yahoo messenger as massage45678 if you want to chat.

I live in sammamish I was just diagnosed three weeks ago with celiac's. It really sucks so basiclly i have only been gluten free for three weeks.

#11 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:32 AM

I used to live in Seattle. Most beautiful city ever--I still miss it :( . Go hear the Seattle Symphony--they are terrific!

#12 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:09 AM

I was in Seattle last year for vacation. Loved it there.......I will vouch for Mona's mixes from Woodinville. Her pancake mix is the very best I have ever eaten.....I tried to contact Kailli's place but she just about hung up in m y ear so I can't say I was impressed with her. Maybe she was having a bad day ..........She was the first celiac that wasn't friendly and helpful ......

By the way Lisa from Mona's mixes contacted me immediately after I left her a message and she is very polite and friendly...

mamaw

#13 Iron Jack Kidd

Iron Jack Kidd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:51 PM

Hello Everyone!

I live in Kirkland, which is in the Greater Seattle area. I suspected I had celiac disease now for the last year or more, but I just received my results from the biopsy via the mail today, Yippee.

/wave
My first post here...
:unsure:

#14 BRUMI1968

BRUMI1968

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

I lived on Cap Hill for several years...now I live in Bellingham (1.5 hours north). I don't miss Seattle traffic, noise, or smell...but other than that. I miss Lake Union, and rowing, and restaurants that are open late, and "Whole Paycheck..." I mean, Whole Foods.

B-ham is great, though. Got the fresh air, enough dogs to satisfy anyone (even me), trails, mountains, skiing, Vancouver BC...yeah, I like Bellingham.

All you Seattle-area-ites should make a trip up here and we can all go on a Celiac hike in the Chuckanuts.

Welcome, anyway, though I see it was months ago you started this post.

Yeah, Seattle! (I read that Seattle was voted #2 good eatin by PETA - lost to San Francisco but beat out New York for place 2...never mind PETA makes me cranky, that's another story.)

#15 Iron Jack Kidd

Iron Jack Kidd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

Can anyone confirm that Kaili's kitchen or Kaili's Bakery has moved to;

10003 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98133

I haven't been there yet and would like to try it out!

-Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: