arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How Many Of You With celiac disease Have Sleep Apena?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 LD89

LD89

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

For those suffering from sleep apnea, there is hope. I know the CPAP machine..well, sucks. But there is a special pillow designed to fit the mask or nasal pilows and help wild sleepers keep the cord in place so it doesn't get tangled.

try (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) sleep apnea pillow by CPAP

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Guest_sueward_*

Guest_sueward_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Susie
Thanks so the note...No time now to really write a long note but here are the main points-- and let's keep in touch ok.
can us the PM also or my email which i think is posted

Been gluten-free for 6 months and fibro is almost gone ---was TOTALLY Glutened by dairy from my gluten-free lasganna I made the other nite. In the am couldn't go down the stairs for 1 hr. pain in every single joint, muscle, and man was I fibro fogged..and had a board meeting

gluten-free diet and proper mask is the answer for me...keep up the gluten-free diet and think it will work for you. I've been fighting my weight for years and this 35 # weight loss has been so easy when gluten-free.
let's keep in touch..
Judy in Philly :P
[/quote]

Hello Susie, Judy, and everyone;
I do not get on this site often but each and every time I am amazed at what I learn. I have sleep apnea and celiac and fibro myself. After reading this I realized that I too have much more muscle and joint and flesh pain after eating something with dairy in it. Doctors told me it was just my imagination for many years. Family told me I just was too lazy to work. I went from job to job because of the pain in flares that would hit me time after time. Some doctors would just say it is a Virus. Ugh! Finally I was diagnosed with Lupus & Fibro, then the Celiac.
My system won't tolerate: gluten, dairy, eggs, cane sugar, yeast, walnuts, white potato, and possibly other things I am not sure about yet.
Thanks for sharing. It does help so much to find out others have the same problems. I am now on disability from all of this. My Cpap machine # is 13. I miss the dairy and the gluten bread. But I do not want to be in pain all my life. Most of all I miss my job. Maybe now that I am learning about all of this I will be able to go back to work someday soon.
If I am posting in the wrong place forgive me. Not used to postin or this forum. Allergy Sue

#33 bincongo

bincongo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

HI
I'm really having a problem with my nasel pillow mask. I put a post on earlier and didn't get many responces so thought i'd try this poll option. I've never done a poll before but here goes...
I'm sure since so many people are having sleep issues ( did a search and found so many posts on this)
I know i can call the company but wanted to hear from the 'real experts' as you are the users and thought so many might have some ideas.
One nite i woke up and the hose was wrapped around my neck. Found if i put a pillow under my knees it keeps me from moving around so much.
Last nite I was sent to the guest room again....UCK! Hate to keep my dh awake and he's been so supportive of the noise etc but this has been a problem for the past week.
Lost 35 #'s but thought that the pressure was only a problem if you gained weight.
I hope i hear from some of you out there with this issue of sleep apena?
I know with so many people on this board there must be alot of us out there with sleep apena
Thanks for your time
Judy

I am curious if Sleep Apnea is related to Celiac. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea 5 years ago and went through several masks and was never really happy with the results. I think partly because I am a women and my hair would make the masks slip off. Anyway 2 years ago my sleep doctor said I may do well with a mouth piece to wear at night. It brings your lower jaw forward. At that time my insurance would not pay for it but now it does. A dentist does all the work and it did cost me 300 dollars but it is wonderful. It is so much better than the C-Pap. I would recommend it to anyone who has Sleep Apnea and confirm that you may do well with just wearing something that pulls the jaw forward.
Dx Celiac July 2010 by Endoscopy biopsy- had Endoscopy for another reason, not for possible Celiac
Lactose intolerant discovered August 2010
Hypothyroid Dx 2009. Sleep Apnea 2005

#34 bincongo

bincongo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

HI
I'm really having a problem with my nasel pillow mask. I put a post on earlier and didn't get many responces so thought i'd try this poll option. I've never done a poll before but here goes...
I'm sure since so many people are having sleep issues ( did a search and found so many posts on this)
I know i can call the company but wanted to hear from the 'real experts' as you are the users and thought so many might have some ideas.
One nite i woke up and the hose was wrapped around my neck. Found if i put a pillow under my knees it keeps me from moving around so much.
Last nite I was sent to the guest room again....UCK! Hate to keep my dh awake and he's been so supportive of the noise etc but this has been a problem for the past week.
Lost 35 #'s but thought that the pressure was only a problem if you gained weight.
I hope i hear from some of you out there with this issue of sleep apena?
I know with so many people on this board there must be alot of us out there with sleep apena
Thanks for your time
Judy

I am curious if Sleep Apnea is related to Celiac. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea 5 years ago and went through several masks and was never really happy with the results. I think partly because I am a women and my hair would make the masks slip off. Anyway 2 years ago my sleep doctor said I may do well with a mouth piece to wear at night. It brings your lower jaw forward. At that time my insurance would not pay for it but now it does. A dentist does all the work and it did cost me 300 dollars but it is wonderful. It is so much better than the C-Pap. I would recommend it to anyone who has Sleep Apnea and confirm that you may do well with just wearing something that pulls the jaw forward.
Dx Celiac July 2010 by Endoscopy biopsy- had Endoscopy for another reason, not for possible Celiac
Lactose intolerant discovered August 2010
Hypothyroid Dx 2009. Sleep Apnea 2005

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: