3 replies to this topic

#1 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

I don't know how I am supposed to last two weeks for the results on my tests. I had an endoscopy on Thursday (piece of cake by the way, thanks for all the encouragement :) ). I have a hiatal hernia and ulcer which I had no clue because all my problems are below the stomach. My intestines hurt so bad I feel like I ate razors, the pain is unbearable, it doubles me over. The doctor gave me bentyl but it really doesn't touch the pain. I cant take Advil or Aleve but I think I can have tylenol. Immodium makes things so much worse in the long run. I am thinking of switching to a liquid, soft diet (How I am suppose to work like this I really don't know). Jello, applesauce, eggs, soup, maybe slimfast or ensure. I am miserable. I just need to make it through eight hours of work each day. Shopping or even going out right now is not possible and I really hate being stuck at home. It is hard to decide what to eat since I don't know what is causing this.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:40 PM

If the pain is in your intestines, perhaps a low-residue diet would help? It's mainly liquids, and meat and fat... which is a bit easier than liquids alone. :-)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:24 AM

Slimfast and Ensure have gluten, and eggs cause bad reactions for many celiacs. Try a low-residue diet, as Tiffany suggested.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 j9n

j9n

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:20 AM

I have never heard of a low residue diet before. I looked it up on the internet and it seems to be something that will be good for me.
http://www.gicare.co...ted/edtgs02.htm
Thanks so much, at least I have something to start with. I have a call into the doctor right now too
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: