This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chewable Vitamins For Children

mamaathome

mamaathome Explorer

Does anyone know which vitamins are gluten-free for children? I called the company of the Disney Princess chewables, and they said it was gluten-free. I bought it, got home, and reread the label and saw wheat starch right on the label. Now I'm paranoid. What do you give your children? Thanks! I know Poli-Vi-Sol is gluten free, but my daughter is ready to move on to chewables!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Smunkeemom Enthusiast

The last bottle of Scooby Doo vitamins we bought was gluten free, but I don't know if they are now or not, we have been getting some liquid vitamins from the health food store for the whole family, you mix like an ounce with juice in the morning, it seems to make us feel better than the chewables and the pills, the lady said something about more of the vitamins getting in to our system or something.

Open Original Shared Link

I didn't read the ingredients, but they are on that page.

VydorScope Proficient

My son still uses polyvisol, but I saw that Centrim has a childerns now, and I am pretty sure thats gluten-free.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

We use Hero Nutritionals Yummi Bears and we've also used Lil' Critters Gummy Bears. They both say gluten-free on the bottle. The Yummi Bears are from the health food store and the Lil' Critters can be bought at Walmart etc. :)

mamaathome Explorer

Thanks so much!

e&j0304 Enthusiast

I don't know if Hy-Vee is just local to around here, but they are a larger grocery chain and they have lots of gluten-free products as well as knowledgable dieticians. We use the Hy-Vee brand children's chewables from there.

Hope you find some.

Shannon

Guest nini

I bought the Lil Critters Gummy Bear Vitamins at Wal Mart today. I had been getting my daughter a Dollar Tree brand that said gluten free, but all my local Dollar Tree's stopped carrying the childrens chewables :angry: ... so I had to get her something else. After reading about the Lil Critters in this thread, I decided to give those a try. I just gave her two and she loved them! YAY!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kassidy's mom Rookie

My daughter's pedi GI doc just gave us samples of this vitamin: FREEDA Children's Chewable VITALETS-contains no gluten, lactose, artificial color, artificial flavor, animal derivatives, sugar, starch, gelatin or yeast.

My opinion;they're a little on the big side-about the size of a nickel, but my kids have been taking them just fine and it's something that I feel good giving them, knowing it has no sugar or color additives, you know?

Price: $8.76/100

We have only tried the raspberry flavor.

Here's a direct link:

Open Original Shared Link

Good luck!

lipreader Apprentice

My 4 yo daughter loved her Flintstone's chewables, which of course she can't have anymore. We tried Centrum Complete, but she hated them. We were at Target the other day, and their version of the Lil Critters says right on the label that there's no gluten, so we got those and she loves them. Success!

chrissy Collaborator

we use kroger's brand zippy zoo vitamins.

christine

VydorScope Proficient

With all these suggestions, how many of them are complete? When you look at lot of the"fun" vitimans they seem lacking in content.

Merika Contributor

We tried the Freeda orange flavor today and ds hated it. Might be trying the yummy bears next, not sure he'll go for another big round disc shape again (freeda)...

Merika

TammyGivens Newbie

We had tried several vitamins also with no success. After reading how all of your children love the Lil' Critters Bears, I went after some. Now my 6 year old walks in the door asking for her vitamin after school each day! THANK YOU!!!

Tammy

tpineo Rookie
My son still uses polyvisol, but I saw that Centrim has a childerns now, and I am pretty sure thats gluten-free.

They just changed Centrum for children and it is not gluten-free anymore. We haven't found another one that is gluten-free and appealing to our 4 year old's taste.... Tania

Guest Lucy

I just bought centrum. They looked gluten free to me.

VydorScope Proficient
They just changed Centrum for children and it is not gluten-free anymore. We haven't found another one that is gluten-free and appealing to our 4 year old's taste.... Tania

ACK! Did htey chnage any of the other centrums??

VydorScope Proficient

OKay I call them this AM. They stated that

Centrum Tablets - gluten-free

Centrum Silver Tablets - gluten-free

Centrum Chewables - NOT gluten-free

Centrum Childers - NOT gluten-free

So back to finding a compelete childs vitman for my son. :(

Archived