Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac On Gma

33 posts in this topic

I saw it too! I heard Robin say "the hidden medical reason women might feel bloated" (or something similar) and was hoping it was about celiac. I sat glued to the tv for 45 minutes waiting, and wouldn't you know it, the second I take a break to go to the bathroom, that's when it comes on!

I caught most of it though, and it seemed pretty good. I always get chills when something about Celiac is publicized, feels like it's a small victory. I"ll e-mail a big thank you too. I've also been meaning to e-mail Elizabeth Hasselback from the view, doesn't she have it?? It would be great if the women on The View could talk about it too, I mean heck, they talk about everything else under the sun, right?.....but if she hasn't already mentioned it, it may be a lost cause. Worth a shot though. Thought a before and after piccie of my little girl might help pull at the heartstrings a bit, or is that terrible? If it helped another parent, or anyone else suffering, it would be worth it. Anyway, I am proud of GMA, and I just hope this is the start of something good.

Thought a before and after piccie of my little girl might help pull at the heartstrings a bit, or is that terrible? If it helped another parent, or anyone else suffering, it would be worth it. Anyway, I am proud of GMA, and I just hope this is the start of something good.

HI

There was a thread earlier about some one on the forum going to the View and during a break giving her a tee shirt about celiac disease or a note about it......

I really am sorry, I can't remember the whole issue.

If you have been dx'd and your daughter also, she might be interested as 'Gracie' is that her name, might have it...It's your call on whether to do this or not. If you do, might mention Dr. Tim's report today...but again,,,it's up to you

Judy in PHilly

taweavmo3 - I would totally use the sympathy card if I had one like that.

taweavmo3 - I would totally use the sympathy card if I had one like that.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Karen

I didn't see the show, but my daughter's godmother called me to tell me about it, and then I hear about it here! So, I e-mailed them... I pointed out though that not all Celiacs lose weight, some are overweight...

I didn't see the show, but my daughter's godmother called me to tell me about it, and then I hear about it here! So, I e-mailed them... I pointed out though that not all Celiacs lose weight, some are overweight...

great Nini

I wish i would have mentioned that too.

judy

to all of you how are looking at this link--go to my new post--

there is now a video of the show on the page... :lol:

or click on Jenvan's link and go to GMA link.

Judy in Philly

Just wanted to say that the GMA exposure did a LOT for us, more than I imagined. I have a client who remembers seeing the story but didn't write down the name so she was thrilled I could tell her about it. She needed the info for a friend's daughter who has had every test in the book - for stomach aches - to no avail. Anyway, I sent her the links to the NIH and Univ. of Chicago Celiac program sites. The word is getting out people! Together we actually can make a difference.