1 reply to this topic

#1 Nantzie

Nantzie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

I don't know how many of you have a Winco Foods that you go to (it's only in a few western states), but when I was at Winco last night for the first time in a couple years, we were on the cereal aisle, and I looked over and right above where they have the Power Bars and stuff, there were two lilttle shelves with GLUTEN FREE products!!! I was SO EXCITED!!!

They had about 4 different Gluten-Free Pantry Mixes, some Bob's Red Mill gluten-free, and 4 different shapes of TINKYADA!!!

I almost cried!!!

Winco is one of those really big, really cheap, non-membership grocery stores where you bag your own groceries. When we were first married, there was a time when Winco was all I could afford. I haven't been in so long because my back got so bad that I couldn't bag my own groceries or buy tons of groceries all at once. They don't have a natural food section or anything like that. It's just regular groceries.

So if WINCO has a gluten-free section, no matter how small, we are DEFINITELY getting somewhere.

YAY!!!!

Nancy
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
~Chinese Proverb

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 chrissy

chrissy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

we have a winco about 45 min away from us. my daughter is going to college in that town----i will have to send her over to see if our winco carries the gluten free stuff. were the gluten free foods any less expensive at winco?
christine
Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005
11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005
17 year old son with celiac gene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: