This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Peanut Butter Banana Choc Chip Muffins

mookie03

VydorScope Proficient
Jen- i agree on the flours, and was actually thinking of mixing them, but i am always concerned, as a very new "baker"(if you can call me that), about modifying recipes. I mean, who am i to think i can make a recipe better than it already is?! The only thing i have mastered in the kitchen is pasta! laugh.gif i was surprised not to see xantham gum as well, i thought it was in every gluten free baked good!!

Recipes are guidelines only, and even then only rough starting points! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast
Recipes are guidelines only, and even then only rough starting points! :D

I keep seeing this thread and it's making me hungry....so I am going to have to make these soon! What do the expert bakers recommend??? Should I use just rice flour or a mix of different types of flours?

VydorScope Proficient
I keep seeing this thread and it's making me hungry....so I am going to have to make these soon! What do the expert bakers recommend??? Should I use just rice flour or a mix of different types of flours?

Since the recipe calls for white rice flower, thats a good place ot start :D

Mango04 Enthusiast

Well I made these last night and they are so good! (and I'm usually really bad at baking). The texture is really light and fluffy (I used the white rice flour). I just ate two for breakfast :D. Will definitely make them again :):)

mookie03 Contributor
Well I made these last night and they are so good! (and I'm usually really bad at baking). The texture is really light and fluffy (I used the white rice flour). I just ate two for breakfast :D. Will definitely make them again :):)

Thats great! so glad they came out well... i saw u are dairy-free- did u use rice milk? I am not dairy free but was thinking of using it instead of the buttermilk b/c i like the taste :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

Yep I used rice milk. It worked really well :)

VydorScope Proficient

Hmm I might try it with rice milk too just for somthing differnt.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

I just made this! WOW they are yummy, not the typical gluten-free grit taste either!

This saves me since I have to go to a party and I am brining these (and made some gluten-free chololate moose too) so that I am sure to have somehting safe to eat! :D

Thanks!

I did modify the recipe SLIGHTLY cause I needed it EF, and I dont own (nor see a reason for) a food processer. But other then that I roughly followed it. LOL My wife gets annoyed cause she says I never make anything the same way twice. :lol:

OH and Tymber loved licking the beaters and the bowl! :D

And come on, who here REALY thinks 1/2 cup of the choloate chips is enought??? Sheesh... It hink I put more like 1 to 1 1/2 cups in. I just dumped the bag till it looked good. :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I just made this! WOW they are yummy, not the typical gluten-free grit taste either!

Yeh,,,Vincent'''there's another choc chip cookie up with my note to you.

:lol: glad they were good.

Mine weren't gritty either.

do you know why..the flour we used

judy

Mango04 Enthusiast
And come on, who here REALY thinks 1/2 cup of the choloate chips is enought??? Sheesh... It hink I put more like 1 to 1 1/2 cups in. I just dumped the bag till it looked good. :D

That's exactly what I did when I made these!!! Next time I think I will use even more chocolate. You can't have enough chocolate :D

VydorScope Proficient
That's exactly what I did when I made these!!! Next time I think I will use even more chocolate. You can't have enough chocolate :D

SEEE Theres a smart woman! :D

mookie03 Contributor

Vincent- did u end up using the rice milk? so glad this is a good recipe-- i will have to email my food store to thank them- and encourage them to continue to print recipes!!!

VydorScope Proficient

Nope used the buttermilk. My wife had created the grocery list around the recipe and I never told her I was considering it. But was a great success! There was _NOTHING_ I could eat at the party, expect what I brought. So I had muffions and moose for dinner! LOL :lol:

teebs in WV Apprentice

Vincent,

There is nothing wrong with all courses of your meal being from the chocolate family! I have one question.......you DID wash it down with chocolate milk, didn't you? :D

VydorScope Proficient
Vincent,

There is nothing wrong with all courses of your meal being from the chocolate family! I have one question.......you DID wash it down with chocolate milk, didn't you? :D

Would have if there was any there, but had to settle for diet coke. :(

• 2 months later...
angel-jd1 Community Regular

I finally made these this morning. I only had one banana and didn't add as much chocolate chips as the recipe called for, added extra peanut butter. They turned out pretty good. Thanks for the recipe.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Rusla Enthusiast

What type of rice milk did you use. I know rice dream has gluten in it, so I was hoping we might have what you used up here.

Half a cup of chocolate chips is nothing. I would use a couple of cups at least.

jerseyangel Proficient

Rusla--Can you get Pacific Foods Rice Milk up there? That is gluten-free. I know I've read about a brand in Canada on here--Carrie (carriefaith), posted about it, if I remember correctly.

I just did a quick search--it's Natura--soy, dairy and gluten-free.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I use Whole Foods brand but if you can't get that, Pacific works really well for baking.

Rusla Enthusiast
Rusla--Can you get Pacific Foods Rice Milk up there? That is gluten-free. I know I've read about a brand in Canada on here--Carrie (carriefaith), posted about it, if I remember correctly.

I just did a quick search--it's Natura--soy, dairy and gluten-free.

Terrific! Thanks bunches. I have seen Natura not sure about pacific but will check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
StrongerToday Enthusiast

I made these yesterday... so yummy!! I ate way too many. Had another for breakfast today and popped it into the microwave for a few seconds to get the chips gooey :lol:

I used almond milk, tastes fine to me.

Archived