Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anxiety?

8 posts in this topic

I was just curious if anyone here had anxiety/panic attacks before going gluten-free? If so, did it go away after going gluten-free? Thanks! :)

Ads by Google:

HappyCat22,

I also suffer from Anxiety/Panic. I am eating gluten now because my biopsy is in May. The Anxiety is much worse now that I am eating lots of gluten. I did take Paxil for a while and felt great, but I do not like being dependent on drugs so I stopped. Since it worked so well, I believe that my anxiety is due to a seratonin imbalance as opposed to emotional/stress. I am really hopeful that the anxiety will go away once I go gluten free.

My panic attacks are only in the middle of the night. Do you have the same problem?

Lisa

Yes! Mine are too. Usually right when I'm about to go to sleep. I'm not quite sure if it's the gluten doing it to me, or if I too have a chemical imbalance of some sort. I'm going gluten-free soon, so I guess I'll find out! :)

I to have anxiety attacks and they are right after laying down to go to sleep at night, that is the only time i get the.

That's *exactly* when I get mine too, WhiteLaceGal!

I have had anxiety for many years now. I have only been gluten-free for 4 weeks so I've yet to see any improvements but I am hoping to soon. I do not want to take any medication for it so I've just suffered along. I often wonder if mine is from a serotonin imbalance as well. Does anyone know if you can help to balance out serotonin naturally?

Kerri124,

Yes! read the book "Potatoes not Prozac" by Kathleen DesMaison. It does not work as well as Paxil, but there are no side effects. She has a web page at http://radiantrecovery.com/.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I'm definitely heading out to the bookstore to get that book. I hope it works for me too! Thanks so much!