No replies to this topic

#1 wwebby

wwebby

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:59 PM

I had my appointment today where I met my new gastro and asked for a celiac panel and other blood tests. She complied, but admitted she knew nothing about stool tests for Celiac (I brought my Enterolab results). I can understand a primary care doctor not having enough time to keep up with Celiac, but I'm surprised that a gastro doc woudn't. Around her office, she had pamphlets for IBS, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, and Colon Cancer, but nothing on Celiac, anywhere. Weird. I don't get it.

But anyway, she ordered the celiac panel and a bunch of other things like a CBC, iron, B12, calcium, etc.

I had to drive over to the hospital lab and I think they took like 7 or 8 vials. I just kept my eyes shut and tried not to think about. (I have a history of fainting). It was actually easy! I walked out in a flash; I didn't have to lay down or drink any juice, I was so proud of myself. I overheard the phlebotomist say "no these three vials are going to Specialty Labs" which made me think those were the Celiac vials. I was psyched because I hadn't gotten up the courage to dictate which laboratory to use, but it looks like my hospital uses one of the good Celiac labs.

Anyway, I ate a ton of bread and pretzels today and I feel kind of gross...I'll keep everyone updated when the results come back.

Stay healthy,
Laura in CT
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]"Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway!"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: