#1 danikali

danikali

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you have ever had, or have them regularly (Atkins Advantage Bars).

On the delphi list, they say they are gluten free, but there is no phone number, and there is also number on their website.

So, anything you know about these would be helpful because I would like to add them to my diet.

I looked at the ingredients, and it seems okay (except the maltodextrin) and on the warning label, it doesn't say anything about wheat products (or gluten).

Thanks!
Danielle (Dani)

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by Dr. Green (gene HLA DQ8) 1/05/06
Diagnosed: Gluten Sensitive through enterolab 11/17/05
Diagnosed: Casein Sensitive through enterolab 3/7/06

Diagnosed: Interstitial Cystitis (IC) 07/26/06

I finally put my picture on because it doesn't look like I'll be eating ANY cake on my Wedding day..........I'm the one in the middle.

Intolerant to: (besides gluten)

Casein
Peanuts (can handle very small amounts)
Any kind of additives or preservatives

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 danikali

danikali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

I don't mean to be a brat, :P but has no one had these? I'm craving chocolate and I'm scared to just go by a gluten free list because I did that a few days ago and got glutened.

I don't mean to be pushy....... :rolleyes: but just a yes or no?
Danielle (Dani)

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by Dr. Green (gene HLA DQ8) 1/05/06
Diagnosed: Gluten Sensitive through enterolab 11/17/05
Diagnosed: Casein Sensitive through enterolab 3/7/06

Diagnosed: Interstitial Cystitis (IC) 07/26/06

I finally put my picture on because it doesn't look like I'll be eating ANY cake on my Wedding day..........I'm the one in the middle.

Intolerant to: (besides gluten)

Casein
Peanuts (can handle very small amounts)
Any kind of additives or preservatives

#3 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering if any of you have ever had, or have them regularly (Atkins Advantage Bars).

:D Well, I HAVE had them, but it was over a year ago and I wasn't gluten-free then so can't tell you about any reaction.

#4 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

Well I hate to be a brat,:) :) :) but I tried them years before going gluten-free and realy did not like them , at all, so never checked if they were gluten-free. You'll probably have to contat them andask.

- Vincent -

#5 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

I looked up the ingredients b/c I was curious...and I know everyone's different - but for me, soy protein isolate, whey protein isolate (dairy), artificial flavors and Splenda are all things that make me feel sick, regardless of whether or not gluten is involved. (Sorry I can't help more). Have you tried Clif Nectar Bars? They satisfy the chocolate craving (the dark chocolate flavor is really good), they're all natural/organic and they even state on the package that they are manufactured in a gluten free environment!
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#6 mookie03

mookie03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

I'm with Meredith on this one...first of all, Atkins chocolate could never satisfy my chocolate cravings, as i think they taste like fake chocolate... but i have not eaten them since gluten-free so i cant help you. I have, however, had clif nectar bars and they are very good, though i prefer to just pack trail mix. And for my chocolate cravings, i have a little bit of real chocolate, it satisfies me better anyway :) The stuff in protein bars tends to make me feel a little off no matter whether gluten is in them or not. (and i dont think its b/c of cross-contamination, i think its b/c low-carb products are packed w/ lots of crap that is hard for me to digest, like sugar free products are)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: