This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Haha Grrrrrrr

klemmen

klemmen Rookie

grrr i have decided my stomach will never be normal lol :huh: all ive eaten is rice and bananas and i was fine, then i drunk chamomlie tea and i got diarehea! i thought it was meant to have the opposite effect!! i sooo wanted to eat something else and i ate a bit of chcolate and have been in and out the bathroom ever since :lol: its so frustrating, the doctor was no help..he gave me blood tests for my liver and tested me for a bacterial infection..but when i suggested maybe it was other food, he said noooo of course not blah blah <_<

sorry needed to get it out my system, no pun intended :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cgilsing Enthusiast

Hi Klemmen!

How long have you been gluten-free? It is really frustrating, but I know it takes a while to get your system back in order! I remember wondering if I would ever be "right" again months after I went on the gluten-free diet! Hang in there...it will get better! Have you tried also being lactose free? I read somewhere that while you are still healing from celiac disease that you may become temporarily lactose intolerant. It's just a thought since the chocolate did you in! Plus, you wouldn't think it, but some chocolate has gluten in it!! My husband and I went to the local wine shop a few months ago. He had a glass of wine, but since I'm pregnant I can't have any....so I thought I would buy a piece of chocolate to munch on while he finished his wine. Thank god I read the ingredients because sure enough - wheat starch!!! :o

klemmen Rookie

hey

congratulations on your baby! :D:D when is your baby due??? ooo

i was diagnosed about a year ago...maybe just under, and for three months this summer felt soooooo healthy, and now i feel like i have about one good day in a week. it's frustrating, i don't mind not eating much food choice, but when i know i'm not eating gluten and i still get diarrehea..i should be able to spell that word by now :lol: . It stops me getting to uni and work and going out with my friends <_< they always tell me i'm lazy and boring, maybe one day i should go into details about my bowels..maybe they would leave me alone hehe :rolleyes: i no i shuldn't moan but sometimes it just makes me fed up. Did you get times where it was bad . Do you know any good foods that would help calm my stomach or at least make it so i can go out the door without wondering where the nearest toilet is :huh:

:D ohh i just realised you have a scan picture... how cool! you can see the shape and everything wow i never realised they were so clear!! is it the head on the left? oh how exciting! :lol:

FairySprinkle Rookie

Hello, I would really recommend that you try to go to a health food store and ask if there is a tea or homeopathy (they can work wonders if you find the right one), and see if they can help you find something for you. I feel bad because diahrrea reminds me of my grandmother (she died 6 months ago) who had a disease and was on treatments like chemo, and she would take chamomille tea and OTC. She would have diahrrea for a long time and lose weight on and off. I just feel bad that I didn't know any better to recommend or buy her another tea. I dislike being on medication, and I have been reading that there are some teas that's not chamomille...I am not sure if it's ginger or peppermint or something else, but you could certainly ask. The more natural, the better.

The pictures cute, too. I keep looking at it and smiling everytime I see it in this forum :) .

cgilsing Enthusiast

Thank you guys! He's our little sweetie! :P I'm due June 5th. That one was actually taken when I was 13 weeks! We have had another ultrasound since then (at 20 weeks) and it is soooo clear I just can't believe it! You can see his little face perfectly! I'll have to change it to the newest one! Ok, you guys opened a flood gate...I'll quit gushing now! :lol:

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to go into detail sometime about what gluen does to you! :lol: Why is it that the very first thing people ask is "So what does it do to you?" I swear one of these days I going to tell a table full of people at a fancy restaurant all about the horrible gas and diarreah (hehe I'm not sure if that is how that's spelled either!) in full detail! And it's not just the inability to get away from the bathroom that slows you down either! I don't know about you, but I loose all of my energy to do anything when I'm glutened. My lack of energy nearly got me fired from the job I had before I was diagnosed! I think if I was you I would tell me friends....how mean for them to tell you you are lazy and boring. :angry: Sometime you should feed them bad seafood and when they are sick the next day tell them that they are just being lazy!!

You know, any time that I have felt bad for an extended period of time I have eventually found out that I was getting gluten somewhere. Have you checked all of you cosmetics for gluten? Shampoo, conditioner, lipsticks, etc. a lot of times have gluten. I know that was the culprit for me a while back. Is there any new product that you have started using in the last few months (maybe a new brand name or something?) If I was you I would cut my diet back to very simple ingredients. plain rice, plain veggies, plain meat. If that makes you better, start adding one thing here and there. I hope that helps some!

kabowman Explorer

I had similar problems with bananas, apparently I wasn't buying them green enough. Right now, my D is so bad and the only thing different I have eaten in the last couple of days is my cough drops and some honey for my tea neither of which has bothered me before.

I felt better going gluten-free (about 1 1/2 years ago) for a few months, then I got worse again and it was my husband who suggested that maybe I had additional food issues. So we went to plain meat and veggies but it took a few months before I got better again after finding all the foods. I still have occasional problems and can't always figure out what the trigger was. I have checked my lotions and makeup too.

I figure on those days, it is like microsoft and there really isn't a good explanation, stuff just sometimes does its own thing.

tarnalberry Community Regular

btw, chocolate is a very difficult food to add when doing an elimination diet. it's complex, and shouldn't be added until late in the progression of testing. if it was milk chocolate, you could be reacting to the dairy. unless it was one of the very few soy-free chocolates, you could be reacting to the soy lecithin. or you could be reacting to the cocao itself. definitely go with simpler, single ingredient items while working through an elimination diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

klemmen Rookie

hey

i think is sooo great u can see his face!! i thought maybe my eyes were making it up hehehe yes i think it would be great to actually tell someone what gluten does to you..and what a good suggestion to feed them bad sea food.. :lol: of course i would never do that..but it would get my point across wouldn't it hehe its just cos i have moved to a new city for a year so they don't really get the gluten thing i guess, i dunno. nevermind i look forward to going back home : ) fairysprinkle when i get back home in a few months i will find healthfood shop i think, i havent seen any at all here. I'm very sorry to read that your gran passed away, and i really think that you shouldn't feel bad about not recommending another tea, really. I'm sure everything was done, so please don't feel bad.

i thought i had checked all my cosmetics..i don't really wear makeup and my shampoo is gluten-free to my knowledge..i'm assuming it would just say wheat protein if it was gluten?

yea i get really tired too, i think thats why they call me lazy, i used to be so sporty that i guess i am a bit lazy in cmparison..but i dont mind not running for ages outside :lol:

i don't mean to sound silly but what are simple veggies? just like peas and carrots? hehe

yea i know chocolate was probably the last thing i should have added but eating just rice and bananas was sooo hard, but after the effects i think it has put me off chocolate for a while :P:rolleyes:

kabowman i really hope you feel better soon and can eat some more foods

cgilsing have you picked out a name yet?? ooo put up your recent picture!? haha i'm getting all broody :lol:

cgilsing Enthusiast

Hi Klemmen!

I tried to change my picture last Friday, but I don't know if it worked. I updated it at home and the computers on our network updated, but then I checked the board at work, and it was still the earlier picture. :huh: Hopefully I'll get it worked out soon! :P

I would think that cosmetics would list gluten as wheat protein! Do have a reaction to oats as well? Sometimes they list oats as avena in cosmetics! A LOT of lotions have oats in them.

For simple veggies - anything fresh is good! Sometimes I simmer asparagus in a little water until they are done and that is good. Sweet potatoes or baking potatoes in the microwave for 15 minutes or so is good. Canned peas or beans with a little butter and salt.....just not anything with a lot of seasoning, ya know!

Tarnalberry is right about the possibility that you have other sensitivities. I'm lucky to only have gluten to worry about, but there are a lot of people with a soy, lactose, etc. intolerance. I know it is boring but until you start feeling better I would limit my diet to just a few simple things, and then add from there. I hope you feel better soon! Let us know how are things going?

I think we are going to name the baby Ian! The verdict is still out on a middle name....His daddy's name is Brett so we have though about Ian Brett. What do you think?

experiencedit Newbie

Hey there all my name is Wendy and I was wanting to add were you aware that cough lollies does contain Gluten

klemmen Rookie

hey

yea i think mayeb it is other food intolerances..i have been trying to think it isn't, cos being a vegetarian and celiac sometimes i feel so limited hehe but yes i have been eating just rice and bananas and some applesauce but it hasnt helped : / maybe it just takes times...someone told me applesauce would help but i think it's having the opposite effect :lol: Thanks for the vegetable suggestions, i will try them, i've never had asparagus so something new in my diet :D

i think Ian Brett is a really nice name, especially after his dad. oh i'm so excited for you!! have you felt him move yet??? sorry you don't have to answer all my nosy questions! it's just so cool! you would think i'd never seen a baby before :lol:

Guest nini
Hey there all my name is Wendy and I was wanting to add were you aware that cough lollies does contain Gluten

which brand?

I use honey on a teaspoon when I have a cough... It doesn't stop it completely, but soothes my throat...

kabowman Explorer

I have been using Halls cough drops and double checked and they contain Soy Lectin so those went to the hubby, no wonder I was sick for days...I use honey for a sore throat, never a cough. I will try next time...thanks.

ianm Apprentice
I think we are going to name the baby Ian! What do you think?

Perfect. You could not have picked a better name. :)

CMCM Rising Star
grrr i have decided my stomach will never be normal lol :huh: all ive eaten is rice and bananas and i was fine, then i drunk chamomlie tea and i got diarehea! i thought it was meant to have the opposite effect!! i sooo wanted to eat something else and i ate a bit of chcolate and have been in and out the bathroom ever since :lol: its so frustrating, the doctor was no help..he gave me blood tests for my liver and tested me for a bacterial infection..but when i suggested maybe it was other food, he said noooo of course not blah blah <_<

sorry needed to get it out my system, no pun intended :rolleyes:

I looovvvve chocolate, but have to be careful with it. I've found a couple of dark semi-sweet chocolate that are fairly simple and have nothing strange and also no milk in them. A small amount of this doesn't bother me. However, my favorite is the Lindt Extra Creamy milk chocolate one, and that one definitely bothers me big time. I assume it's the milk in it, because milk always gives me problems.

cgilsing Enthusiast
i think Ian Brett is a really nice name, especially after his dad. oh i'm so excited for you!! have you felt him move yet??? sorry you don't have to answer all my nosy questions! it's just so cool! you would think i'd never seen a baby before :lol:

Oh Klemmen! Trust me, I don't mind talking about him!! :lol: I'm glad that you guys like the name! We thought it was somewhat unique, but one that everyone has heard too. Plus it's a good name for both a little boy and a grown man. We didn't want him to have a cutsie name and then hate it when he's 35!

Oh yeah I have felt him move! He does jumping jacks in there! Plus I know that he can here us, because he gets startled! We watched a scary movie the other night and he jumped at evey loud noise! :lol:

About the asparagus...it's really good! Just simmer it in some water for 10 minutes or so!

klemmen Rookie

great new scan picture!! wow they are soooo clear, its quite cool.

i just wanted to ask about fibre...do u think that if you don't eat enough fibre that you can get bad stomach/diarrhea...cos yesterday i was working and i got through a lot of applesauce..lots of fibre and i had a really good BM this morning :lol: :lol: just to share but it made me quite happy...hahaha i am so easily amused these days, so i wonder if not enough fibre in my diet would be a problem.cause of the diarrhea?? or if i just had a good day :)

okay i have to get back to writing my essay as fun as it is ;)

it is so cute that he jumped at the sounds, oh it makes me want to have a baby :rolleyes: hehe

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
btw, chocolate is a very difficult food to add when doing an elimination diet. it's complex, and shouldn't be added until late in the progression of testing. if it was milk chocolate, you could be reacting to the dairy. unless it was one of the very few soy-free chocolates, you could be reacting to the soy lecithin. or you could be reacting to the cocao itself. definitely go with simpler, single ingredient items while working through an elimination diet.

on a separate note regarding chocolate, my sister (who has RSD) was informed by one of her current doctors who has her on an alkaline vs acidity diet that chocolate is one of the foods that makes coping with pain more difficult

Claire Collaborator

Anyone tried sage tea?

It is great for soothing the tummy. As a gargle, it works great for sore throat.

Though you aren't likely to need it for this purpose, the Indians used sage leaves to clean their teeth.

I also use my grandmother's tummy soother - ginger tea - made with freshly shredded ginger steeped in hot water. i steep 4 -6 mins. That depends on personal taste. Claire

Archived