Just Need To Vent
Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:19 AM
Ads By Google:
Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:47 AM
Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:34 PM
I am so sorry that you are suffering so much and not able to get a definative answer to your problems. With both gliadin antibodies positive they should have given you a biopsy. They may still want to do that. You could request one, if you want it. It can be frustrating to have to wait so long for a follow-up appointment. It is as if some doctors just doesn't understand the extent of our suffering. If they were ill with symptoms like ours would they want to wait 6 weeks to see the doctor?! I don't think so.
Have you checked into Enterolab ? There tests are more sensitive than the blood tests and can pick up gluten intolerance in it's early stages. But they are not widely accepted by most doctors. Some do accept them though.
You could start the diet now, but it will affect the biopsy if you choose to have it later. If you plan to try to get the doctor to do a biopsy, then you should wait to start the diet. If you would like to just do the diet and forget the "official" diagnosis, then many of us here can help you get started.
Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children
Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:18 PM
Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:19 PM
Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:44 AM
Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:44 PM
I am new to the group and the whole Celiac life. Beverly, I had testing a few weeks ago, I also had some parts came back negative, but my IGG was positive at 68. My Dr. says that indicates Celiac. I've started the diet, but it has been so hard and frustrating for me.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users