#1 azza

azza

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:07 AM

Hi All,

I want some advice regarding the gluten-intolerence test... I asked some people and most said that the one that takes a blood sample is not accurate. On the other hand the one taking a sample from the villi is good but really painful... Has any one of you made the test?? Please advise me on which one to make..

Thanks In Advance,

Azza B)
Azza

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lisa922

lisa922

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:53 AM

Hi! Personally, I did not notice any pain from the biopsy, but I did it at the same time as an ERCP to clear my bile duct, so I did have pain from the ERCP. I had and endoscopic ultrasound a few weeks earlier, which is probably similar to what one would feel with just a biopsy, and I did not have pain with that...maybe just a little sore the next day and groggy from the sedation. I have just learned that there is genetic testing that can be done for Celiac. I'm not sure how you write this, but you would get an HLAeq2 and an HLAdq8 and if both are positive, than Celiac is in your genes, if one is + and one -, then you have a 30% chance you won't get it. I am going to post this info and see if anyone else has done the test. You may also want to check out Enterolab online. You can order different tests from them, although I have not done it. Good luck!

LISA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: