This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Alcohol

swatson

swatson Rookie

Mine is rum and coke or rum and pineapple.

Does any one know of any other good drinks that don't contain rum?

Some other alcohol instead.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor

Seagrams 7 and 7-up with slice of orange. Enjoying it now :rolleyes:

Felidae Enthusiast

This is tough because I loved beer and now I have been trying to find safe enjoyable drinks. Wine and gluten-free beer of course. Vodka tonic and straight Jose Cuervo Gold tequila so far.

teebs in WV Apprentice

BayBreeze:

Cranberry Juice

Pineapple Juice

Vodka

It is funny you posted this new topic. We were just looking in our "Mr. Boston" bartender guide looking for a drink that I can have made from dark rum. We went to the Dominican Republic in August and brought back a couple of bottles of dark rum. I have been abstaining for a couple of weeks, but I think I will have "just" one tonight!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Felidae: I'm with you. I really like trying different kinds of beer. Since that's been taken from me, I take life with a grain of salt, a shot of tequila and slice of lime!

tarnalberry Community Regular

vodka and gatorade. ;-) I know, sounds cheap, but not when you use the good vodka.

another favorite is hot chocolate (or cold chocolate 'milk') with rumpleminze, or hot cider (or cold apple juice) with goldschlager. ;-)

LqrMan Newbie
This is tough because I loved beer and now I have been trying to find safe enjoyable drinks. Wine and gluten-free beer of course. Vodka tonic and straight Jose Cuervo Gold tequila so far.

If you like tequila, you owe it to yourself to enjoy a true 100% agave tequila, not a mixto (only 51% agave tequila like Jose) tequila such as Patron, Corazon, Cabo Wabo, Don Eduardo, and Casa Noble to name a few. If you like the gold version of Jose, you would probably love the Reposado (aged between 3 months and 1 year) versions of any of those 100% agave tequilas. They usually have a slight pepper flavor/spice to them, but are ultra smooth.

Depending on my mood, I like to drink different beverages. Sometimes I will do some chilled Tuaca (Italian liqueur-vanilla/citrus flavor) shots, shots of 100% Agave tequila--usually Don Eduardo b/c I used to sell it, Rum and Cokes, or some nice red or white wine depending what food I am pairing it with.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

The true Agave tequilas are really good -- had a chance to try them in Mexico. How pricey are the brands you listed???

Felidae Enthusiast
If you like tequila, you owe it to yourself to enjoy a true 100% agave tequila, not a mixto (only 51% agave tequila like Jose) tequila such as Patron, Corazon, Cabo Wabo, Don Eduardo, and Casa Noble to name a few. If you like the gold version of Jose, you would probably love the Reposado (aged between 3 months and 1 year) versions of any of those 100% agave tequilas. They usually have a slight pepper flavor/spice to them, but are ultra smooth.

I'm new at the tequila thing. Someone who had been to Mexico told me that was a good one. I'm going to print your list for future tasting. Thanks for the info. Beer was so much easier.

minibabe Contributor

I happen to love Bay Breezes.

But also amaretto and 7-up or disaronno and 7-up is also great.

Amanda NY :D

Guest stef 4 dogs
I'm new at the tequila thing. Someone who had been to Mexico told me that was a good one. I'm going to print your list for future tasting. Thanks for the info. Beer was so much easier.

Any thought on gin? Is it on the "fun" list?

stef 4 dogs

debmidge Rising Star

so generally unflavored vodka is gluten-free?

Rusla Enthusiast

For over 20 years the only things I could drink were Vodka, Tequila and rum. I guess it was a dead give away what was wrong, now that I know.

I like Mojitos (they are made with rum, Vodka and real lime juice is great and well what else could I say about Tequila straight up or with lime juice.

kathy1 Contributor

My husb will be a very happy man if this info is correct.

You say that goldschlager is gluten-free?

And disaronno also? He loves both of these.

happygirl Collaborator

according to the celiac.com list of safe beverages: https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-16106580399.b6

gin and vodkas are both safe.

it says "All distilled alcohols are safe"

However, there are some people who do have issues with distilled alcohols.

I don't know specifically about goldschlager or disarrono.

kaylie Newbie

There is nothing better than a Grey Goose Vodka Marting...dirty...extra olives!!! Gluten free and low carb!! You won't get gluttened or fat. But, you may go broke because they are expensive

mookie03 Contributor

Ketel one, on the rocks, w/ a lime. OR a ketel one martini straight up w/ a twist. Those are my drinks. But ive never been known to turn down a nice glass of red wine either...

francelajoie Explorer

Sangria for me!

lorka150 Collaborator

I know that Kahlua is gluten-free, but does anyone know the ingredients? I looked it up and couldn't find it.

gabrielle Contributor

Anybody know if Malibu rum is safe?

:unsure: I hope so, because I had a Malibu Bay breeze - that was absolutely awesome! :D

francelajoie Explorer

Malibu rhum is gluten free. I'm not sure about the Kaluha cause I had Starbucks coffee liquor and man it did not agree with me so I'm a little skeptical about the dark coffee liquors.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Ketel One Rocks w/ a lime

or

Stoli/Tonic

I also like shots of "good" tequila -- El Tassorro or Tres Generaciones (no training wheels -- just the tequila)

and

Wine (all kinds) -- Right now I am on a "Oregon Pinot Noir Kick", but in the upcoming summer months I will inevitably revert back to my love for Sauvignon Blanc...

GF-Jen Rookie
LqrMan Newbie
The true Agave tequilas are really good -- had a chance to try them in Mexico. How pricey are the brands you listed???

The brands of tequila I listed are approximately $35-$60 (silver are the cheapest all the way up to Anejo). I have had some really expensive tequila, but there is just no need to go that crazy (e.g. Herradura Seleccion Suprema- retail is approx. $275/bottle and Jose Cuervo Riserva de la Familia- approx. $110/bottle).

Gabrielle- Malibu rum is gluten-free--I actually toured their factory in Barbados 2 yrs ago. They do however age their rums in once used Bourbon barrels from Kentucky. That alone should not be enough to cause a reaction though.

I am really tempted to try some distilled liquors but I don't want to get sick...It seems like most of you do drink distilled vodkas and gins even though they are made out of wheat. I have plenty of stuff just sitting around begging to be consumed!

mookie03 Contributor
Ketel One Rocks w/ a lime

and

Wine (all kinds) -- Right now I am on a "Oregon Pinot Noir Kick", but in the upcoming summer months I will inevitably revert back to my love for Sauvignon Blanc...

Wow broncobux, except for the tequila, u and i should be drinking buddies! And funny about the wine b/c I totally have a seasonal disorder when it comes to wine- i can only drink white wine in the summer, i drink red all year round :lol:

Archived