This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Canadians?

EMSPrincess

EMSPrincess Newbie

Hi... I'm just wondering if I'm the only Canadian on here. I've just recently been diagnosed and found this forum and liked what I saw but it seems to be only americans which might be a little difficult for getting specific help, and food, and shopping ideas. I love the help I've already gotten from some of you though, you guys are very helpful!

So just looking for Canadians for more help with shopping, stores, support groups etc...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor

Trust me!!! There are lots of Canadians here, eh. :rolleyes:

They'll be with you soon.

Rusla Enthusiast

Hi Lisa,

You are definitely not the only Canadian here. We have it covered from West coast to the East coast and in between. Where are you ?

There is lots of good info here, although I must admit I am jealous of the Americans for all the food choices they can get.

Felidae Enthusiast

There may be fewer of us, but we are here to help.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hi EMSPrincess!

Welcome to the forum! I am in Ontario, just outside of Toronto.....

Where are you?

Karen

psawyer Proficient

Yeah, there a bunch of us. I'm not far from Toronto. Welcome!

lorka150 Collaborator

i am canadian, too!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Viola

Hello, I'm also Canadian ... Western Canada near Nelson B.C. Anything we can help with we'll be glad to give you answers to Canadian products and Stores. Previding we have them of course, but with some of us in all the provinces, we should come up with something. :D

KarenCM Rookie

I am Canadian too! Have you joined the Canadian Celiac Association yet? They can be helpful as well.

Karen

EMSPrincess Newbie

Thanks everyone.. I'm from Peterborough, On.. I looked into the Canadian Celiac Ass., but the chapter in Peterborough doesn't seem very active...

Is there somewhere on here for Canadians??

Anyone from around me any food/restaurant/etc. suggestions.. Thanks again everyone... I'm having a really tough time with this.

Lisa Mentor
Hi Lisa,

You are definitely not the only Canadian here. We have it covered from West coast to the East coast and in between. Where are you ?

There is lots of good info here, although I must admit I am jealous of the Americans for all the food choices they can get.

I live in North Carolina, USA. But I know how sassy you Canadians can be. Especially when it gets dark early and mints are the only source of entertainment....har,har,har. :ph34r:

I live in North Carolina, USA. But I know how sassy you Canadians can be. Especially when it gets dark early and mints are the only source of entertainment....har,har,har. :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

Altoids rock! (except Tuesdays at 9 pm)

Karen

Lisa Mentor

Moon Pies and Dr. Pepper, don't do alot for me here in the land down under. I'm still trying to find out what does :blink::blink: Altoid, wasn't that a figure in greek mythogoly? :rolleyes:

Welcome Canadians, and hugs back to Karen

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I'm a Canadian too! I've posted some information in the Gluten-Free International Room (Outside USA) forum Open Original Shared Link

If you need any information about gluten free products in Canada, please feel free to ask!

lorka150 Collaborator

are you a student, EMSPrincess?

are all of you going to the conference in May?

skoki-mom Explorer

Hello, count me in :) I am in Calgary.

num1habsfan Rising Star

I'm from Saskatchewan...come on lets find someone from every province :lol:

~lisa~

Ursa Major Collaborator

Well, I'm not Canadian, but I'm in Canada, about an hours drive north of Toronto.

Guest chickadee
Hi... I'm just wondering if I'm the only Canadian on here. I've just recently been diagnosed and found this forum and liked what I saw but it seems to be only americans which might be a little difficult for getting specific help, and food, and shopping ideas. I love the help I've already gotten from some of you though, you guys are very helpful!

So just looking for Canadians for more help with shopping, stores, support groups etc...

Hi :lol: I'm also from Canada. PEI to be more exact. Welcome to the family. This sight is excellent and I would not survive without it. Just remember that this board is predominantly USA, and sometimes the information given will not apply to us here in Canada. I found out the hard way :blink:

So stay on board and we look forward to chatting.

Carriefaith Enthusiast
are all of you going to the conference in May?
I would love to go, but if I get a job within the next month or so, I probably won't be able to attend unless I get a job in southern Ontario.
Rusla Enthusiast

I am also in Calgary.

No wonder I am lacking excitement, I am all out of mints.

silly-yak-mum Apprentice

Welcome EMS! Another Cdn here. I'm just outside Toronto. If you haven't done so yet, check out Kawartha Bakery - it's close to Peterborough and worth the short drive! There's a bakery that makes fresh bread, cinnamon buns, meat pies, etc. (I buy them at a health food store in Whitby shipped from Lakefied.) ALSO - they have a small restaurant attached to the bakery with many gluten-free options. My son loved the grilled cheese and fries. I don't even remember which dessert he settled on. Enjoy!

Open Original Shared Link

sasha1234 Newbie

I'm from Canada too, Edmonton, and also new to all this. I'm in the process of being diagnosed, just had my biospies on thursday. I had been off of gluten for 4 years prior to the 6 weeks leading up to the test so I've got the hang of eating gluten free but I'm sure I'll have loads of other questions.

• 3 weeks later...
elye Community Regular

I'm from Ottawa, and yes, I think I'm going to go to the conference. Lots of contacts and info to be picked up there, for sure. Anyone else going?

I going to go too!

Karen

Archived