348 replies to this topic

#1 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

Perhaps this has already been posted but I thought McDonald's fries were safe... at this web site for McDonalds USA ingredients it clearly says that the fries contain wheat ingredients! When did this change occur?

The french fries are listed about half way down the page and it clearly says:

natural flavor ( beef, wheat, dairy sources).

This was the only place I would eat french fries and now it looks like that is out.

the page is here:

http://www.mcdonalds...ents.index.html

Susan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Perhaps this has already been posted but I thought McDonald's fries were safe... at this web site for McDonalds USA ingredients it clearly says that the fries contain wheat ingredients! When did this change occur?

This was the only place I would eat french fries and now it looks like that is out.

the page is here:

Susan

WHAT!?!? When did htat happen. I have always though we got gluten from CC, cause everyone preaches that McDonalds freis are safe!

THERE...

This list is effective 02-03-2006.

BAH.

- Vincent -

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

These are the ingredients that I see for fries:

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil).

They are also still listed on their gluten free menu items. I think you must have mis-read somewhere. Sorry!!
-Jessica :rolleyes:

the page is here:

Susan

Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

French Fries:Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients.

I guess that is proof that they are not safe. No wonder I always felt sick after eating their fries!
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#5 WGibs

WGibs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hi Susan,

I'm a Suzanne, but people call me Susan about half the time :lol:

As for the fries, I'm not seeing what you're seeing...this is what the page says when I pull it up:

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil).

Is there something else I'm not seeing?

I am horrified, by the way, to see that the fries still contain beef. I'm no longer vegetarian, but I bet alot of people who are think these are okay for them. I thought they changed this years ago after vegetarians got upset.

High IGG, normal IGA and TTG.
Very positive dietary response.
Gluten-free since 12/26/05.

#6 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

These are the ingredients that I see for fries:
They are also still listed on their gluten free menu items. I think you must have mis-read somewhere. Sorry!!
-Jessica :rolleyes:

Angle, please try readin the link she put in here post it CLEARLY states the fires have wheat...

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients.

- Vincent -

#7 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

Susan:

I did not see anything that was listed by McDonalds that say that the french fried were not safe. What is your concern?
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#8 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

I am not seeing it either. I am looking at the page for the USA though, so that may be making a difference. I live in the US, so not concerned with outside of the US.
-Jessica

Hi Susan,

I'm a Suzanne, but people call me Susan about half the time :lol:

As for the fries, I'm not seeing what you're seeing...this is what the page says when I pull it up:

French Fries:

Is there something else I'm not seeing?

I am horrified, by the way, to see that the fries still contain beef. I'm no longer vegetarian, but I bet alot of people who are think these are okay for them. I thought they changed this years ago after vegetarians got upset.

Jessica
Kansas

#9 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

I am not seeing it either. I am looking at the page for the USA though, so that may be making a difference. I live in the US, so not concerned with outside of the US.
-Jessica

<DELETED> I know whats happeing, you all need to REFRESH the poage you are seeing the OLD PAGE. This page is new TODAY.

- Vincent -

#10 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

The link that Susan provided is from the US and MacDonald's states that,
"French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients."

McDonald's Quality & Nutrition Information
McDonald's Corporation
2111 McDonald's Drive
Oak Brook, IL 60523
1-877-MCD-FOOD
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#11 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

EVERYONE THIS IS A NEW PAGE MAKE SURE YOUR READING THE PAGE UPDATED 02/06/2006! YOU MAY HAVE TO HOLD SHIFT AND HIT REFRESH TO SEE THE WHEAT BUT IT IS THERE.

- Vincent -

#12 WGibs

WGibs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

Try reading the link she posted. :rolleyes:

The part I quoted before is exactly what it reads when I use the link pixiegirl gave. No wheat. I wonder if we are being routed to different sites based on where we are located? Why would a huge company like McDonald's trick people by changing the ingredients around?

High IGG, normal IGA and TTG.
Very positive dietary response.
Gluten-free since 12/26/05.

#13 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

ON the page I posted it clearly says wheat. the page is here:

to find it i went to mcdonalds.com then to USA then to nutrition then to ingredients.

I copied the ingredients for fries below:

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients.

Be sure that you have cleared your history as you may not have update to this page but pulling an old page up from your cache. Again I see it clearly.

Susan

#14 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

The part I quoted before is exactly what it reads when I use the link pixiegirl gave. No wheat. I wonder if we are being routed to different sites based on where we are located? Why would a huge company like McDonald's trick people by changing the ingredients around?

SORRY. As I just seonds ago posted, you are seeing an OLD COPY of the page, they JUST now updated it. HOLD SHIFT AND HIT REFRESH on the page to see hte new verision.

THIS IS NEW INFORMATION.

- Vincent -

#15 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Well %&$#@(*&^! That is SO not what I wanted to hear today. I can see it now. I hit refresh.....crap!

-Jessica

EVERYONE THIS IS A NEW PAGE MAKE SURE YOUR READING THE PAGE UPDATED 02/06/2006! YOU MAY HAVE TO HOLD SHIFT AND HIT REFRESH TO SEE THE WHEAT BUT IT IS THERE.

Jessica
Kansas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: